Help with Ziljian Mastersound range


Senior Member
I have been looking at A customs and I was just trying to work out the difference between the A 's and the Mastersound version?

Is it really just the wavy edge or am I mising something else?


Pioneer Member
The Mastersound designation refers to crimped (wavy) edge that lets the air out. Mastersounds are available in the A, A Custom, K and now the ZHT lines.

Also, you will notice if you do comparisons on the Zildjian website that within each size of Mastersounds they can be different weights.

Usually A Customs and Ks are lighter and thinner than As or Zs for that matter.