Help with Vibration eliminating E-Drum-Riser

PaisteDrummer95

Hi, I purchased an Yamaha DTX 522K today as I want to play Drums in my apartment without the neighbors freaking out. As it is known that the vibrations caused by playing go straight into the floor down to the neighbors apartments, I plan to build a vibration eliminating e-Drumriser and need help. I’ve watched these videos on YouTube but I’m not sure at all what I will need and how much of it I’ll need for a kit like the one I have. Can someone please help me out?

doggyd69b

Something like a tennis ball drum riser should help.

View attachment 106957
I would have put that riser on top of a rug to prevent the riser from scratching the floor and also to add a dampening layer. I don't have the need for a riser but I can say that the one pictured would have a significant effect, maybe not 100 percent but it would definitely be more tolerable for people downstairs, now if you add the rug underneath maybe that will suffice...

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
How have you made it? How much space is that and does it effectively kill vibrations?
That's not mine, only a picture. I dont know how effective it is, but they get mentioned for apartment ekits a lot.

PaisteDrummer95

I would have put that riser on top of a rug to prevent the riser from scratching the floor and also to add a dampening layer. I don't have the need for a riser but I can say that the one pictured would have a significant effect, maybe not 100 percent but it would definitely be more tolerable for people downstairs, now if you add the rug underneath maybe that will suffice...
To what degree it would be effective? I don’t want my neighbors to come upstairs and complain. So it should be effective and as cheap as possible.

doggyd69b

To what degree it would be effective? I don’t want my neighbors to come upstairs and complain. So it should be effective and as cheap as possible.
I have not tested that myself as I have no need, but simple physics should say that if you layer the riser with dampening material it will reduce more as the layers increase..... If we take the one pictured by Mrinsanepollack as an example, you could use a rug as your base layer, then those rubber squares as the base of your riser, then the first piece of wood (bottom part) , tennis balls, then top piece of wood then more of the rubber squares on top. in Addition to all that, you might want to also dampen the walls to prevent even more vibration from traveling down. And finally limit your practice to appropriate times hopefully when your neighbors are away....

EssKayKay

Here’s a link to one of the various tennis ball designs –
https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/products/40599-tennis-ball-impact-noise-isolating-platform

Here’s another idea (Jackson Pad) –
https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanc...ign-impact-isolating-platform-plans-and-guide

There are other idea/suggestions out there. Here’s a search site –
https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=003019937413871384533:k_qtwhiahga

Good luck and keep us posted,
SKK

Last edited: