Help With Recording Drums

mazegeek999

Hi, I have a Roland HD-1 electronic drum kit. I want to record the audio of the drums directly from the drums to my computer, meaning not with a camera. Does anyone know ways to record them in decent quality? I've been trying to find other answers online but they are all a little confusing.
Thanks!

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
does the HD-1 have a usb or firewire plug in?
If it does then just plug the HD-1 into your computer with the proper cable.
Open a program like Garageband if you have a Mac or Audacity for a PC or Mac and set the levels and record.
If the HD-1 doesn't have a usb/firewire then you have to buy an interface device.

mazegeek999

does the HD-1 have a usb or firewire plug in?
If it does then just plug the HD-1 into your computer with the proper cable.
Open a program like Garageband if you have a Mac or Audacity for a PC or Mac and set the levels and record.
If the HD-1 doesn't have a usb/firewire then you have to buy an interface device.
It has a mix in, output, and MIDI out ports. Not sure what I should do with those (well, I use the mix in to plug in my iPod), but from what I've read it looks like I have to use the MIDI out.

Soupy

Silver Member
You can plug the output straight to the sound card line in on a PC or possibly a laptop. Just start with the volume low and adjust until it sounds right.