Help With Price/Identity?

HackerEd

Hey I have been drumming for three years now and am looking to upgrade my kit. My first kit I bought from my supervisor at my old job(3 years ago so the kits is three plus old) he had two kits one was his newly married wife's so to make room he decided to sell one and I was looking for one so it worked out great. He said it was 1,000 dollar kit and I trust him (it sounds good to me) and I think I ended up buying it for 500 but anyways it has no badge and I have no Idea what series of kit it is. I was wandering if anyone had any idea of the series or worth, obviously it is older as the bass drum head has the full name of pacific instead of the PDP logo, but my throne has the pdp logo but I have no idea if it was in the original kit or not. I would also like to know what you guys think I could get for it as I am now trying to purchase a ludwig legacy classic and they are close to 2gs so I need all the help I can get. The cymbals are all zildjian ZBTs (not my cymbals but the ones I am selling that originally came with the kit) toms are 12,13,16 and bass is 16 by 22, snare is 5" by 14

All the drums have Remo heads now this is an old picture infact the Pacific bass drum logo front head has been replaced as well even though I still have it

Thanks So much Heres the picture.

Last edited:

wloeb

You shouldn't have trusted him. It looks like an entry level PDP kit

Hey I have been drumming for three years now and am looking to upgrade my kit. My first kit I bought from my supervisor at my old job he had two kits one was his newly married wife's so to make room he decided to sell one and I was looking for one so it worked out great. He said it was 1,000 dollar kit and I trust him (it sounds good to me) and I think I ended up buying it for 500 but anyways it has no badge and I have no Idea what series of kit it is. I was wandering if anyone had any idea of the series or worth, obviously it is older as the bass drum head has the full name of pacific instead of the PDP logo, but my throne has the pdp logo but I have no idea if it was in the original kit or not. I would also like to know what you guys think I could get for it as I am now trying to purchase a ludwig legacy classic and they are close to 2gs so I need all the help I can get. The cymbals are all zildjian ZBTs (not my cymbals but the ones I am selling that originally came with the kit) toms are 12,13,16 and bass is 16 by 22, snare is 5" by 14

Thanks So much Heres the picture.

HackerEd

Oh well I am not worried about if I lost money on the deal at all, because the fact is that it has served its purpose, in allowing me to learn the drums for 3 years and record some pretty good sounding tracks in my opinion.

So what do you think I should try to sell it for

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I agree with the previous poster. Looks like an entry level PDP kit.

You could have bought that whole set up brand new for around $500.

Which means used, it's going to be roughly 1/2 that.

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
DEFINITELY a beginner's kit. One of my students bought one of these a few years back. He paid $350 for it new! If you add in the clamp and cymbal boom arm, as well as the cymbals and the throne, you *might* be able to get $250 out of it. Times are tough, and kits aren't selling for their full value right now...