Help with 80's Ludwig set

EDrums

In the mid 80's I bought a Ludwig set called the Pro-Modular set it has some unusual sizes and hardware. The sizes were 8,10 with cliplock 13,14,16,18 with modular and 16x22 Bass all are double-sided power toms. I bought the set new in 84 they have blue & olive badges with rounded corners in Natural Maple. They still have their original silver dot heads. I remember seeing a list price in the catalog before I bought them for around $3k Can anyone tell me what they would be worth or can tell me anything else about this unusual set? They are just to loud for my house and am considering selling them because they are just collecting dust. I will try to post pictures later. But they are in great condition.

Thanks,

In the mid 80's I bought a Ludwig set called the Pro-Modular set it has some unusual sizes and hardware. The sizes were 8,10 with cliplock 13,14,16,18 with modular and 16x22 Bass all are double-sided power toms. I bought the set new in 84 they have blue & olive badges with rounded corners in Natural Maple. They still have their original silver dot heads. I remember seeing a list price in the catalog before I bought them for around $3k Can anyone tell me what they would be worth or can tell me anything else about this unusual set? They are just to loud for my house and am considering selling them because they are just collecting dust. I will try to post pictures later. But they are in great condition.

Thanks,

Man I wish I had some cash lol! Those sound like very nice drums. However, there's nothing terribly "unusual" about it (except for the fact that they skipped a 12" tom for some reason). That outfit was offered under a variety of different names, including "Quad Modular", as you can see here: http://vintagedrumguide.com/ludwig_drumsets_1982.html

So that's about all I know, but you've definetly got some kickass drums!

Agreed. Nothing "unusual" about 6 ply Luddies. Collectors throw the big money at the pre-76 3 ply shells. $700-900 would be my guess, as what you could get for them.

Thanks, I hope these images are viewable, The set I have is like the silver sparkle if you read the description you will notice an editing error, The drum table for the Quadra-Tom and the Quad-Modular are reversed.

Attachments

• IMG_1135-2.jpg
    IMG_1135-2.jpg
    957.1 KB · Views: 2,880
  • IMG_1136-2.jpg
    IMG_1136-2.jpg
    971.5 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_1137-2.jpg
    IMG_1137-2.jpg
    879.3 KB · Views: 1,423
  • IMG_1138-2.jpg
    IMG_1138-2.jpg
    956.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • IMG_1139-2.jpg
    IMG_1139-2.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 1,094
I know I would not sell those...I am sure the house does not mind the noise its those dang neighbors! Nice kit

Thanks,
If you really MUST get rid of them I would point out that JUST the snare drum (with the dust removed and shined up like new) will fetch $200.00 to $300 bucks as it's so pristine.

I also point out that each and every piece seems to be as good as that, making them as good as ANYTHING you'll find on eBay or anywhere else. That brings up the value immensely. I'm ALSO pointing out that they are most likely ALL ORIGINAL PARTS, like no extra screws, and no extra holes or any of that nonsense.

The chances of finding just that huge kit, all original, in pristine condition should fetch QUITE a good price.

Heck, just the STANDS would get you at least $125.00 each on eBay, again, they are in AWESOME shape, when selling, that REALLY counts!!!

If it were MY set, and I HAD to sell it, I would either get a huge price for it as a full kit, or I'd eBay it as single pieces to gain the most profit from this loss.

You are losing your kit, you might as well profit handsomely from this loss. Just be SURE to clean them up as good as new, people will haggle over anything they can, so don't give them anything to haggle over.

Unless there's hidden damage somewhere on this kit, it looks great and should SELL great DON'T take too little for it!!

Just my 2 cents on this.

Holy Power Toms Batman!! My dream kit!!!!

How much ?!? Any knicks, scuffs, etc??

Yes there are a few imperfections as with any set that is 24 years old. The chrome on shaft of the lower half of the high-hat has flaked off, but no rust (manufacturing defect). There are some nicks on the chrome on rims of a couple of the toms from hitting the rims with the sticks and from moving and storage. There is a small scrape on the base drum where the larger mounted tom has made contact with it and slightly larger scrape on one of the toms made when moving them. ( I don't have cases for them) Most of the damage is in the laquer and not deep into the wood. I can try to post some pictures of these areas if interested.

Thanks,

Here is some pictures of the imperfections

Attachments

• IMG_1148-2.jpg
    IMG_1148-2.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 897
  • IMG_1146-2.jpg
    IMG_1146-2.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_1145-2.jpg
    IMG_1145-2.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 883
  • IMG_1141-2.jpg
    IMG_1141-2.jpg
    799.6 KB · Views: 967
A little gig rash never hurt nobody. Great kit, if someone was lookin' for a gig kit.

Back