Help Picking Drum Set

thanks for the advice Arky, this is all new to me and I didn't know that I could edit, I will pay closer attention next time.

Regards

O.K, a couple more used kits to choose from, a Ludwig and a Gretsch, opinions please.I am waiting for the Ludwig owner to tell me more about the set.
Beautiful 6 Piece Gretsch Drum set (Catalina Ash Series)
very good Evans Ec2 Coated Drum Heads

Cymbals included:

Sabian AA Hi hats
Paiste Pst Ride
Saban B8 Crash

Hardware:

Yamaha Single Kick (real nice)
Hi hat stand
Cymbal Stand
Throne
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=440896941&back=-1&ImageIndex=1
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=441102276&back=-1&ImageIndex=1
The Grtesch sounds nice. Needs different ride and crash...actually, Pst is a good crash. Maybe augment it with an Alpha or a 2002 ride....of course, this is for your kid so if the cymbals are in good/decent shape, they'll suffice. AA hats are good cymbals.

Ludwig looks like Accent, from the badges. Can you verify?

Elvis

Had an interesting experience today guys! I went to a drum store to see some used kits and the store ended up being in the guys basement of his personal home. I walked away from a deal and wanted to know if I made a good decision or should have taken the deal.
The kit was a 2011 Tama Imperialstar (poplar not birch) shell kit $450 (5 piece). The hardware was all new (didn't get the name) and the cymbals were Stagg SH (16" crash,20"rock ride,14"high hats).I looked up the Stagg's and got good reviews.
So all in all everything was included, stands, pedals, throne, cymbals and kit for $800
Deal or No Deal???

Impreialstar made today is budget/student line drums.

I thought you weren't interested in drums of that class?

Elvis

I wasn't really interested Elvis (I was more interested in a maple set to get better sound), this was just one of the used sets that he had there and it was my first experience of actually going to a brick and mortar place that sells used. I personally found the price too high as it was a used poplar kit. I was interested in the fact that this guy was a really small shop (in his basement) in a small town trying to survive. He could not afford or get any samples from the big three cymbal companies (Sabian, Paiste, Zildjian) so he picked three smaller companies and decided that the Staggs had the better sound quality. Also,he skins all his used kits with Aquarian, because it is also the best back for his situatiion.
I just found it interesting what a small guy has to do to survive (and he apparently is) and make a quality used kit (in his mind).
Bottom line is I would really be interested in getting a used kit from this guy if it made sense and the kit was really something I wanted at a good price.

Like you guys said be patient there will be lots of used kits coming online from all the lucky people that got a new set from Saint Nick!!!!

Look at Yamaha stage custom kits.......used on ebay.They are great looking,sounding and there hardware are legendary.and used are in your budget.......

Had an interesting experience today guys! I went to a drum store to see some used kits and the store ended up being in the guys basement of his personal home. I walked away from a deal and wanted to know if I made a good decision or should have taken the deal.
The kit was a 2011 Tama Imperialstar (poplar not birch) shell kit $450 (5 piece). The hardware was all new (didn't get the name) and the cymbals were Stagg SH (16" crash,20"rock ride,14"high hats).I looked up the Stagg's and got good reviews.
So all in all everything was included, stands, pedals, throne, cymbals and kit for $800
Deal or No Deal???

i think you did good walking.........

Back