Help me decide!

kissarmyfreak

Hello hope y'all are doing good. I'm looking at getting a better kit, as a lot of us here are.
I've been looking all over & here is what I'd like your opinions on, Which would you get?
All will be 6pc 2 up 2 down

Crush Acrylic

Tama Superstar Hyper drive

Gretsch Renown 57 in RED

Pearl Vision VBL

Yamaha Stage custom

Mapex Meridian birch

I really like the sound of birch drums but I also want something that not every drummer has. I like being unique
Thanks in advance for your input here.

If money is not an issue with your candidates, I'd certainly go Renown in a heart beat. The red/white combo is my favorite of the 3 they've issue in the 57 series so far. I'm partial to maple. They are solidly built. For $350 or so less the Stage Customs can't be beat at that price. Both of these are the best buy for your money.

Yamaha Stage Customs or Tama Superstars.

The Renown '57 look cool but I couldn't see myself ever playing them with a straight face. Maybe if I was playing some The Belmonts covers or Chuck Berry at the local Doo-wop Diner.

I've got Stage Customs now, but if I were getting another kit, the "Gretsch Renown 57 in RED" would be hard to resist.

Thank y'all so far
The only issue I have with Yamahas are the finishes. I dont really care for any of them.

Back