Help identify???

GrinchMan

I have a 5 piece set of Ludwig Accent Customs serial numbers as follows: 00142742, 00146771, 00143824, 00143466, 00146720. Does anyone know anything about it? I am not a drummer and have inherited it from someone else.

image0 (1).jpegimage1 (1).jpeg

force3005

Silver Member
Hello GrinchMan and welcome to DW. With good heads and tuned nice, you have a good gigging (with the exception of the Accent snare) or practice kit . The snare is a good practice snare.

Last edited:

Elvis

Silver Member
Accent was (is?) an overseas generic with Ludwig's name plastered all over it.
This is not a "real" Ludwig drum. Its an entry level kit made for parents on a budget who want to satiate the desire of their kids to play drums.
Are they bad? Not necessarily.
Are they valuable? No.
Can one use them to gig their local watering holes on the weekend? Certainly!

Elvis

Ghostin one

I played a set of "Accent CS Customs" in my last band's practices. I would put it a notch or two above entry level. Better than I expected... I think there were Accent models (not "custom" or "CS", whatever that might mean) that were cheaper.

Sorry, I can't help with the numbers or anything. I learned what woods they were, but I forgot.

Last edited:

Elvis

Silver Member
"Assorted Hardwoods" would probably be the best description.
Ghostin one's comments are a good refelction in how far along drum building technology has come along.
That we've gotten to a point, for some time now I might add, where even an entry level series drum can be a viable candidate for one who wants/needs to gig at an affordable price point.
However, rest assured, that in the hierarchy of Ludwig drum models, the "Accent" (CS, Custom or otherwise) is their Entry Level series.
I don't think the serial numbers will correspond with the accumulated list of Ludwig serial's, as far as determining the age of the drums, but that is speculation on my part.
Best thing to do, about that, is to write to Ludwig and ask them yourself.

Elvis

IBitePrettyHard

"Assorted Hardwoods" would probably be the best description.
Ghostin one's comments are a good refelction in how far along drum building technology has come along.
That we've gotten to a point, for some time now I might add, where even an entry level series drum can be a viable candidate for one who wants/needs to gig at an affordable price point.
However, rest assured, that in the hierarchy of Ludwig drum models, the "Accent" (CS, Custom or otherwise) is their Entry Level series.
I don't think the serial numbers will correspond with the accumulated list of Ludwig serial's, as far as determining the age of the drums, but that is speculation on my part.
Best thing to do, about that, is to write to Ludwig and ask them yourself.

Elvis
lol "Assorted Hardwoods"

Can't wait for John Good to come out with the DW "Assorted Hardwoods" Collector's Series kit.