Help Dating a Slingerland Kit

The floor tom looks like it has the wrong leg brackets. I believe they are supposed to match the lugs, only bigger. Those also aren't stick saver hoops.

20200804_145903.jpg

The floor tom looks like it has the wrong leg brackets. I believe they are supposed to match the lugs, only bigger. Those also aren't stick saver hoops.

View attachment 94767
Yeah, it looks like some of the hardware has been replaced. Doesn't really bother me, though.

I would take a head off and make sure that is the case, and not it being a different brand with Slingy lugs.
It's in another state, so I can't really look at it. But GC does have a 45 day return "for any reason" window, so there is that. If it turns out to be shit, I can always return it to my local GC.

Call that old guy at E Harmony. I bet he can hook you up with a Slingerland kid.

Wait...don't call him. I thought it read kid. But it was kit. Never mind.

Call that old guy at E Harmony. I bet he can hook you up with a Slingerland kid.

Wait...don't call him. I thought it read kid. But it was kit. Never mind.
Mr Wesley your satire or whatever is usually is taken with a grain.

Though we are mostly adults I can’t tell if it’s truly derived from pretentious oversight, though sometimes I laugh, but this is offensive.

Even if you were being sluggish in truth,...

Please stay in bounds and play on! ?

View attachment 94767

On the right side - does that look like the wrap coming undone to anyone else? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture.

Either way - that should be a lot of fun - congrats!

Last edited:
If you only plan on dating it, I wouldn't worry too much about little details like it's legs. And once they reach a certain age, they're always older than what you're told. My advise: just hit it and quit it, but definitely put on a stick saver first!
Hahaha! ?

On the right side - does that look like the wrap coming undone to anyone else? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture.

Either way - that should be a lot of fun - congrats!
Yeah, I noticed that too. But in what little I can see, it looks like the wrap has some discoloration in places, so I'm anticipating a re-wrap anyway. I guess we'll see. Thanks!

I would be weary of GC items in the vintage.
I always call location (sometimes multiple times to get various feedback and sometimes there’s only that one person who is the vintage guy and they are usually out to lunch or tied up) and ask questions, I can usually get let down over the phone rather than through sunken purchase.

I would be weary of GC items in the vintage.
I always call location (sometimes multiple times to get various feedback and sometimes there’s only that one person who is the vintage guy and they are usually out to lunch or tied up) and ask questions, I can usually get let down over the phone rather than through sunken purchase.
Good call. Yeah, in my experience, GC often has little idea about what they have, both good and bad. Often times they have similar era/model/condition kits listed for wildly different prices. For instance, a while back I saw prices on two used Ludwig Classic Maple kits of the same sizes, era, and condition (90's, "good condition") listed hundreds of dollars apart, like $400-$500 difference between them. It's like the wild west of the drum market. But like I said, I get them and they turn out to be in awful condition (they're listed as "fair"), I can always return them. One thing I'll say for GC is that they're are very easy to work with on returns.

Good call. Yeah, in my experience, GC often has little idea about what they have, both good and bad. Often times they have similar era/model/condition kits listed for wildly different prices. For instance, a while back I saw prices on two used Ludwig Classic Maple kits of the same sizes, era, and condition (90's, "good condition") listed hundreds of dollars apart, like $400-$500 difference between them. It's like the wild west of the drum market. But like I said, I get them and they turn out to be in awful condition (they're listed as "fair"), I can always return them. One thing I'll say for GC is that they're are very easy to work with on returns.
Exactly, it’s a matter of self serving sometimes the tires have to be kicked a little harder.
Yes GC is flexible with returns.

Mr Wesley your satire or whatever is usually is taken with a grain.

Though we are mostly adults I can’t tell if it’s truly derived from pretentious oversight, though sometimes I laugh, but this is offensive.

Even if you were being sluggish in truth,...

Please stay in bounds and play on! ?
Offensive? Really?

Offensive? Really?
Your siting a dating service, again most of us are adults, and your inference is highly questionable - or is it just me?

If so, I honestly apologize; but I don’t get the humor on this one, and I’ll play on.

Last edited:
Offensive? Really?

Yeah. I can see where Ransan is coming from. When I first read your post I didn't quite see the humor in it. I kind of had a sense of what you were going for in a Jeffrey Epstein sort of way. I'll just say I didn't find it funny and can see how someone would take offense.

Yeah. I can see where Ransan is coming from. When I first read your post I didn't quite see the humor in it. I kind of had a sense of what you were going for in a Jeffrey Epstein sort of way. I'll just say I didn't find it funny and can see how someone would take offense.
Epstein? You guys watch too much news.

Your siting a dating service, again most of us are adults, and your inference is highly questionable - or is it just me?

If so, I honestly apologize; but I don’t get the humor on this one, and I’ll play on.
Actually the word is citing.....I spent nearly 40 years in radio and was pretty darn successful/ Also did a lot of stand up comedy. Not everything works. So it goes. At 69 years old I ain't gonna change. I'd ignore me if I were you. BTW, the inference was not sexual or directed at children. The kid aspect was a play on the word kit. Now that I think about it, I could have just said "If you want to date a Slingerland then contact that old guy at E Harmony." Thanks for making me think a little deeper.

Back