Help date these Ludwig Rockers, please

blastbeatkeeper

Hello, everyone. I recently acquired a Ludwig Rocker 6 piece drum kit for free. 10, 12, 13 rack toms, 16 floor, and 22 bass drum, all hardware included, and a set of ZBT's. I plan on cleaning these up, gig them a few times, and most likely sell them, or trade them in for new gear. The problem I'm having is trying to date the kit. It has the bridged lugs, like in the 90's, but it has the diagonal oval badges, like the Accents that they turned into, and they were made in Taiwan. My question is, when were these made? I have been searching for almost a week with no luck, I can only find the catalog dating up to 1998. I have attached the pics of the lugs and badge. If anyone can, please help. I don't know why, but this is driving me effing crazy lol. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Try some wine, chocolates and flowers. Alternatively, go to a movie and go for a good meal out afterwards.

Sorry. Sorry. I just couldn't help it...

Yamaha41

Just a guess but I would say 2001 that's a Accent badge I would guess they had Rocker Lugs left over and used them.

blastbeatkeeper

2 dinner/movie dates, 4 dozen roses, and 3 boxes of chocolates didnt work, so thats why I came here for help....tired of losing money with no return...ANYWAYS, lol, what I figured is that these were made in a "transitional" period, before they became the Accents, but still badged as Rockers, but I wanted to ask some seasoned pros who know what theyre talking about. Carry on.

larryz

Platinum Member
The only Rockers worth seeking out are the black & white Ludwig badge (the won't have "Rockers" anywhere on them) - which were made in USA in North Carolina through late 1980s. Interiors will be speckled paint. Nice drums with classic sound, just cheaper lugs. Any other version of the badges were made in China. I owned and sold a USA kit - wish I had them back. You can get for $350-400 on ebay, craigslist.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
In early 2000 or so,Ludwig eventually ran out of those large hidious Rocker badges,and just settled on the oval Accent aluminum badge,and just had Rockers printed on them.The Accent line was meant to replact the Rocker line,who had grown long in the tooth,and wasn't selling all that well.The Accents also used generic Pearl type lugs and hardware for a while..So early 2000's as the Accent line was in full swing by mid 2000. or so.

Steve B