Help choosing best most comfortable drum throne/stool

david1207

I too in love with Yamaha DS 750 and feel comfortable on it while playing drum. However, I use most comfortable SPACE Seating chairs when I work in my office or take rest in the free time.

stevensnow

I had the DW 500 series one but due to my mild back problems, i had to switch to a chair which was best for my back pain. To be honest, it wasn't easy at first to use the chair, but after a while i got used to it and it certainly helped with my back pain and i could keep playing drums without any discomfort. (I own the Mapux Saturn Series)

VandelayNJ

Gibraltar is an underrated/underappreciated hardware company. They companies making the drums have an edge in marketing but don't ever rule out Gibraltar hardware.

yammyfan

The Gibraltar is really really good for the money. Lasts, rock stable and very comfortable even for hours of gigging, with good hardware solutions. I use it since quite a time extensively and it's - hands down - the best throne in that pricerange in my opinion. The only better throne that I can think of is a Tama 1st chair but it is also more expensive.
Agreed. I have that Gibraltar and I love it. I bought a Roc N Soc a few weeks ago but returned it after 3 weeks as it impeded my leg movement.

The Tama 1st chair is my favourite of them all. I'm picking one up today, as a matter of fact. I'd be perfectly happy with The Gibraltar if I could have only one, though. It's as sturdy and well made as one could hope for.

Last edited:

force3005

Silver Member
Ahead Spinal G Round or Saddle Throne. Might coast more but will save your lower and middle back while playing. My Saddle throne is comfortable. I have have mine for six months now and my back feels better after playing and I have have more energy.

Old Dog new Cans

I have a round Spinal G, excellent excellent excellent. And I just got a Gibraltar motorcycle seat style replacement for a PDP throne I can't stand. It's doing pretty good. The Gibraltar is not the oversized version, wish it was. But it's still very nice.