Help buying a Cajon

hi people wat would be the best cajon for hiphop???? ....coz i was running thru google can't find anything....it would be really great if u please help me out???????????? :(

hi people wat would be the best cajon for hiphop???? ....coz i was running thru google can't find anything....it would be really great if u please help me out???????????? :(

just do not get cuban cajons. meaning those without snare wires or such.

Love Love Love my PRK hands down best one have found. The strings are
fully adjustable with violin pegs. It's full wood and the way it's constructed with
the rounded corners and the faceplate that your hands just slide across without effort.
Started out on a Meinl and it was ok for sound but doesn't come close to the way
the faceplate is done on the PRK. i now own 2 PRKs and have a Meinl as well.

what-cajon-.jpg

Hey folks.

I have put togeather this article to help you figure out what cajon to buy: http://www.pauljenningsmusic.com/which-cajon-should-i-buy/

We also are the dealers for Sela Cajons in the USA & Canada.

www.pauljenningsmusic.com

The CaSela Snare Cajon is a professional quality cajon which is screwed together quickly and easily. It combines Sela‘s many years of experience making cajons with highly modern production methods. This opens up entirely new visual and acoustic possibilities. The precisely finished components are “Made in Germany” and are of the highest quality.

The Snare Cajon Kit from Sela is a cajon you can build in a very short time while having a lot of fun. You don't need to be a gifted craftsman because the precisely prefabricated parts make the assembly very easy. Each step is well documented in the included manual. After about three hours your cajon will be ready to be played on. Even if you have never built a cajon before you will have an instrument that sounds amazing with its deep bass and crisp snare sound and is fun to play.

Sela cajons are now available in the USA & Canada with FREE shipping from:

All the best.

Last edited:
For me, the best cajon is Schlagwerk
since Schlagwerk already producing cajon for more than 30 years
This cajon have a very promising sound and quality.

i have 2inOne Dual cajon, the sound and quality is very good. but still, the best is Schlagwerk Fineline type.

Last edited:
I have a Fat Conga cajon (as well as a Schlagwerk) and it is a beautiful sounding instrument. They stopped production for a while, changed ownership and are now gearing up to sell them again. I hope they can produce the type of quality instrument they have in the past. Good luck guys!

GJS

I have a Meinl Headliner..................not too impressive, but for 100 bones..............I got what I paid for

I've got a davis cajon from davisdrum. The bass in amazing! My favourite part of this drum is that you can play on all sides with each side having it's own unique sound. It's also has duel adjustable snares. They say on their site that it has no snare in its bass, which is true just you have to adjust the snare just right, which they do do for you before they ship it.

You can find the davis cajon here: http://www.davisdrum.com

Here's a pic i swiped from their site
10491112_1445087625769883_3508697715499908284_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you can find one, I'd get a Boxkit made by Moravian Percussion. Best cajon I've ever played. Even though I think they've gone out of business, I'd love to have a boxkit pro if I could find one used.

Why does everyone want a cajon these days? You can get a way nicer sound out of a big djembe, the bass is much nicer, and you can get a much wider variety of sounds from a djembe

Why does everyone want a cajon these days? You can get a way nicer sound out of a big djembe, the bass is much nicer, and you can get a much wider variety of sounds from a djembe

Because cajons sound more like drums than a djembe. Especially the bass.

Because cajons sound more like drums than a djembe. Especially the bass.

I’ve got a couple of 14” djembes with skin heads that I can make sound very much like drums. You just have to do some light muffling with you other hand on the head. That does require some extra technical skill, though, and it’s much harder to execute really intricate stuff if you’re constantly muffling.

I’ve got a couple of 14” djembes with skin heads that I can make sound very much like drums. You just have to do some light muffling with you other hand on the head. That does require some extra technical skill, though, and it’s much harder to execute really intricate stuff if you’re constantly muffling.

Fair enough. Don’t have any real experience with djembes. I only know what I’ve seen and heard. They seem higher pitched and the bass doesn’t appear as boomy as a cajon. But it’s a different instrument and different sound, and they all have their place. Maybe I’ll look into adding one to my collection.

Back