Hello Again, Old Friend

Chunkaway

Silver Member
Due to my moving to Singapore and blowing out my knee shortly before leaving, I haven't played an acoustic drum set in over four months. (I was able to set up my electronic drum set a couple of weeks ago, but it simply isn't the same thing.) This was the longest I have gone without playing my drums in over 15 years. Well, today I was finally able to play my drums again, and...just...just wow! It's good to see you again, old friend!

Singapore is a very densely populated country, so trying to find a place to play is extremely difficult. After being shot down at every turn, I finally just decided to wait for an available Saturday to bring my kit into the school where I work. (My classroom now has to double as a practice spot!) I had forgotten how much fun it is to play, how great the drums and cymbals sound, and how LOUD an acoustic kit can be. I thought of session drummer Tommy Wells's saying, "I hope everyone gets to play their drums today." I do too!

The kit is a C&C 3 ply maple/poplar/maple in burgundy sparkle with a Craviotto snare and Istanbul Agop cymbals.

Attachments