Heads from Musician's Friend

has anyone ordered heads from Musician's Friend recently? I ordered a 14" Vintage Emperor Coated and Clear on the 13th and received an order confirmation, but that's it. they are showing as in stock and ready to ship. I know some delays are to be expected currently, but just curious how long that could be.

I get the majority of my heads from Musician's Friend. They are generally unbelievably prompt. All bets are off at the moment, though. I know one of their warehouses has been inactive and inaccessible amid the lockdown. Even though the products you selected are in stock, processing and delivery are unpredictable right now.

I know one of their warehouses has been inactive and inaccessible amid the lockdown. Even though the products you selected are in stock, processing and delivery are unpredictable right now.

good to know. I didn't hear that. I've ordered a few things from Sweetwater recently and they were shipped very quickly. unfortunately those clear heads haven't been in stock there, which is why I figured I'd go through Musician's Friend.

My order confirmation stated it would be slow. Maybe check if your order says the same as below:

This item is available but requires extended shipping time. You will not be charged until the item ships.

yeah, mine says that too. I was just looking to see how long of a wait I could be expecting and your answer gives me a rough idea of that, so thanks!

Limited staff to pick orders and ship. There is a big notice on their homepage

My order for a cymbal stand on 5/26 shipped today on 5/27. The confirmation stated:

Estimated delivery 5-8 business days

They either caught up on all orders or some of their warehouses are shipping right away. The emailed confirmation will tell you if there is going to be a delay or not.

hmm, interesting. I received an order confirmation on 5/13, but that's it. I've been meaning to reach out to see when I can expect them.

has anyone ordered heads from Musician's Friend recently? I ordered a 14" Vintage Emperor Coated and Clear on the 13th and received an order confirmation, but that's it. they are showing as in stock and ready to ship. I know some delays are to be expected currently, but just curious how long that could be.

I ordered heads and hardware from Sweetwater yesterday afternoon and got them both at noon today.

I'm shocked haha.

I ordered heads and hardware from Sweetwater yesterday afternoon and got them both at noon today.

I'm shocked haha.

I actually had some heads sitting in my shopping cart all morning waiting for Sweetwater to email me back to ensure they were in stock (says so on their site, but so did Musician's Friend...). haven't heard back yet, but I just placed the order anyway. guess we'll see.

I had one order from them in early April when everything really started to 'hit the fan' and that order took an extra week. I then placed another into the second week of May and that took maybe 1-2 extra days.

I've always had insanely fast shipping from MF and went into those orders knowing everything is delayed. Maybe it's time for a polite follow up email. My only complaint about MF is their crappy return policy. You pay your own return shipping and with their packaging and insurance requirements it ends up costing most of the purchase price you are trying to get refunded.

Maybe it's time for a polite follow up email.

yeah, I mentioned above I just reached out to Musician's Friend today. they are waiting for their shipment from Remo. so they won't be available to ship out until July 4th/11th.

I then decided to place an order with Sweetwater today. hoping they come through and are able to get here sooner than that. I'll probably end up canceling the Musician's Friend order.

yeah, I mentioned above I just reached out to Musician's Friend today. they are waiting for their shipment from Remo. so they won't be available to ship out until July 4th/11th.

I then decided to place an order with Sweetwater today. hoping they come through and are able to get here sooner than that. I'll probably end up canceling the Musician's Friend order.

Oh I see, happy that worked out anyway! I admittedly only read the first few posts haha. Sweetwater's customer service is so fantastic it almost feels fake, my personal sales guy (if you don't have one already expect a phone call soon) calls me frequently just to chat.

Oh I see, happy that worked out anyway! I admittedly only read the first few posts haha. Sweetwater's customer service is so fantastic it almost feels fake, my personal sales guy (if you don't have one already expect a phone call soon) calls me frequently just to chat.

haha no worries- yeah I get calls quite frequently too. I just got an email saying my order has shipped. pretty incredible.

Back