Have a new tom on the way :-)

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So been contemplating getting an 8" tom for my DW performance kit. Right now it's an Ebony Stain Laquer 10,12,14,22 setup. So today I decided it was time, before it got discontinued and heck I haven't bought a drum in 5 years :-o so it was time to buy something lol!. Had a $50 gift card, traded in an old AKG C410 headset mic, got $25 for that which is what I expected, then got a mailer today saying they are having a 15% off president day sale next weekend so convinced them to honor that today. In the end cost me $214 out of pocket, OH Happy DAY!!

Now the wait for it to come in.

Shouldn't take them too long. I ordered a 16x16 DW Collector's floor tom in black oyster FinishPly and got it in four days! I was expecting them to take at least four weeks. Imagine my surprise when the shop calls and says "Pick your friggin' floor tom up!"

Shouldn't take them too long. I ordered a 16x16 DW Collector's floor tom in black oyster FinishPly and got it in four days! I was expecting them to take at least four weeks. Imagine my surprise when the shop calls and says "Pick your friggin' floor tom up!"

Wow that awesome!...............

make sure it doesn't have one of these on the side now.

Attachments

• PB020087.jpg
    PB020087.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 149
make sure it doesn't have one of these on the side now.

Man that was fast. Ordered Saturday and it was at the store Tuesday. Picked it up tonight and Grunter there was not a Gretsch badge on it LOL

Here it is on the kit. I'm amazed that it looks identical to the other drums in color since it's 5 years newer than my kit. It sounds awesome and sounded killer out of the box. Just re-routed the mic cable for the 12" tom so it's not going over top of the bass drum now. I was a little short on time when I took this pic and didn't have time to move it. Have that taken care of now.

Back