Has anyone tried the Aquarian Impact series bass drum heads?

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Have you tried a Super Kick?

I've had an Impact head before but my usual go-to is the Super Kick. If you want a really focused bass drum sound the Impact will get you there but you lose volume noticeably. If you usually use a pillow or a half-load of laundry inside your bass drum you'll get the same sound with a much cleaner look with the Impact head. I used the Impact on the bass drum in the band rehearsal space because that volume reduction actually worked in our favor but it isn't a versatile head at all.

graysonator

Have you tried a Super Kick?

I've had an Impact head before but my usual go-to is the Super Kick. If you want a really focused bass drum sound the Impact will get you there but you lose volume noticeably. If you usually use a pillow or a half-load of laundry inside your bass drum you'll get the same sound with a much cleaner look with the Impact head. I used the Impact on the bass drum in the band rehearsal space because that volume reduction actually worked in our favor but it isn't a versatile head at all.
Oh yeah. I've had a SK2 on my 22 bass for quite a while. I love it. But I just wanted to see what the impact would do. There's absolutely NO reviews of this head anywhere.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Cool. If you're familiar with how the Super Kick sounds then the Impact is the same thing, just more muffling. Tighter sound, more control. I ran the Impact head with no other muffling in a 22x18 birch bass drum and it was super tight and punchy, but a little quieter than a SK2.

graysonator

Yeah I'm planning on putting the 1 ply version on my 18 x 15 kick with a regulator without a hole to get a touch more projection