Has anyone swapped their Ludwig Classic floor tom brackets to Keystone floor tom brackets?

Road Bull

Silver Member
I don't have both in front of me at the moment. I prefer the Keystone brackets by far. I was just wondering if the mounting holes have the same pattern.

Road Bull

Silver Member
I have both but I am not sure. It will be Tuesday before I can check.
Right on. I am in the same boat. Two kits, different places. Like am idiot, I forgot to take a pic last night of the classic brackets. I have the Keystone at home.

M

Matt Bo Eder

I'm gonna guess the holes are the same. I bought a 8x12 Ludwig tom used once and it came with a Keystone mount, but they included a Classic mount with it. All I had to do was remove one and replace it with the other. It worked.

Road Bull

Silver Member
I'm gonna guess the holes are the same. I bought a 8x12 Ludwig tom used once and it came with a Keystone mount, but they included a Classic mount with it. All I had to do was remove one and replace it with the other. It worked.
Well that is a promising piece of news. Now... I wonder how much of a PITA it will be to get six Keystone brackets...

M

Matt Bo Eder

Well that is a promising piece of news. Now... I wonder how much of a PITA it will be to get six Keystone brackets...
I think those are fairly common nowadays. They might even be all over eBay cheaper because they're not the 'classic' hardware bits.

8Mile

Platinum Member
I can't speak for the Classic brackets, but I did swap the Elites for Keystones on one of my floor toms and I can tell you they matched perfectly. If the Classic and Elites are the same, then you should have your answer.

Salty Dog

unless I'm missing something wouldn't the A.T.L.A.S. mounts be good solution to mount the Keystone's FT brackets? They're pretty much universal but they do go for a out 150$ for a pack of 3.

Road Bull

Silver Member
unless I'm missing something wouldn't the A.T.L.A.S. mounts be good solution to mount the Keystone's FT brackets? They're pretty much universal but they do go for a out 150$ for a pack of 3.
Nah.. They stick out way too far for my taste. But you're right. That would work, just not for my situation. I might just learn to deal with the classic mounts. I figured that it would be too smart for them to both have the same hole configuration sizing.