has an animal ever tried to attack you while gigging?

No, but last gig with my bluesband, I got a wood clog right in my face, by a drunken dancing person in the audience. He danced them off right into me.

No, but last gig with my bluesband, I got a wood clog right in my face, by a drunken dancing person in the audience. He danced them off right into me.

ONLY in Scandinavia!!

A bee went up my kilt during one of the shows when we were at the Basel Tattoo last year. It was during a section where we had to be at attention and couldn't move any part of our bodies. Luckily, it flew away after a few minutes or you would seen a viral YouTube video.

Actually, I guess I could also include the myriad of cougars that approach me during breaks when I play with my cover band. The guitar player and I joked that we should change the name of the group to Cougar Bait®...

Buddy of mine plays bass in a band called Cougar Magnet!

Kind of like St. Patrick only with possums instead of snakes....maybe we should start calling you St. Todd....
St. Todd....has a nice ring to it.....

Not attacked but my border collie barks at me angrily when I play my E Drums...

I think she just hates E Drums
Your dogs name is Bo (or possibly Larry)?

Geez they really are that smart!

*runs for cover*
*takes aim with sniper rifle*

I'm too old to be a cougar magnet, but I have been attacked mid-song by a hot blonde. She wasn't trying to hurt me, but in a spectacular state of inebriation, she decided she'd really like to play drums with me.

I didn't really mind.

I also had an indirect attack from a real animal. I was playing snare, marching in a parade, and a bird the apparent size of a pterodactyl shat on my drum. I saw it splat on the head, but couldn't stop before landing the next stroke. When I hit that drum it was like an explosion of bird poop all over my face.

Yuck.

One time I was in a band playing a benefit on an outdoor stage on a windy day. They'd flown bunches of balloons off the corners of the stage, and the wind was pretty much blowing them straight to the side. The wind eddied a bit around our bass player, and before you knew it the cord from the balloons had wound around him twice and was dragging him off the edge of the stage (a six-foot drop). Nearly something out of Spinal Tap.

(No bassists were actually harmed in the making of this story.)

(In the picture you can see the nearly horizontal string on the balloons.)

Attachments

• mcbwindyday.jpg
    mcbwindyday.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 123
One time I was in a band playing a benefit on an outdoor stage on a windy day. They'd flown bunches of balloons off the corners of the stage, and the wind was pretty much blowing them straight to the side. The wind eddied a bit around our bass player, and before you knew it the cord from the balloons had wound around him twice and was dragging him off the edge of the stage (a six-foot drop). Nearly something out of Spinal Tap.

(No bassists were actually harmed in the making of this story.)

(In the picture you can see the nearly horizontal string on the balloons.)

Al, you look so majestic with your hair streaming in the wind!

As for your bassist, with that outfit he deserved a whole lot worse than a few feral balloons. What on earth was he thinking? Was he trying beat beat Jeff Berlin to the title of Worst Dressed Bassist?

Al, you look so majestic with your hair streaming in the wind!

As for your bassist, with that outfit he deserved a whole lot worse than a few feral balloons. What on earth was he thinking? Was he trying beat beat Jeff Berlin to the title of Worst Dressed Bassist?

I will point out that I neither hired him nor developed the dress code or lack thereof for this band.

Yes - a biker chick attacked me once while playing on an open air stage.....but I liked it so it wasn't a bad experiance.

Back