Hardware Pack

TheDrumster

I've just joined a second band and I am getting tired of carting my kit all over the place. I'm considering picking up an inexpensive new or used shell pack and purchasing a new hardware pack if the kit doesn't come with appropriate hardware.

I would love some suggestions on the biggest bang for the buck in a reasonably priced hardware pack (kick pedal, HH, snare stand, a couple boom stands).

alparrott

Platinum Member
I've just joined a second band and I am getting tired of carting my kit all over the place. I'm considering picking up an inexpensive new or used shell pack and purchasing a new hardware pack if the kit doesn't come with appropriate hardware.

I would love some suggestions on the biggest bang for the buck in a reasonably priced hardware pack (kick pedal, HH, snare stand, a couple boom stands).
If you search "drum hardware pack" in eBay you'll get hundreds of hits, and most of them will be for brand-new gear. Hardware is one of those things I typically don't buy used (no telling what happened to it previously).

Great values for the buck will be found in Yamaha's 600 and 700 series, Ludwig's Atlas Standard series, and Gibraltar's 5700 and 6700 series packs. I have owned or test-driven these series and have found them to be strong enough for most gigging duties, as well as constant teardowns and setups - especially the Yamahas.