Happy Thanksgiving!

MaryO

Platinum Member
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my DW friends! I realize we are from all parts of the world and not everyone is celebrating this holiday today but it gives me an excuse to express how mighty thankful I am to all of you for your support, encouragement, lessons and laughter that you've given me. I'm honored to be a part of such a community!

So Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and Happy Drumming to all of you!

Same to you and yours Mary.I also want to wish forum members of other countries,a belated Happy Thanksgiving.I understand that most countries that do celebrate some kind of Thanksgiving,celebrate it earlier in the year.

Our friendly neighbors to the north,celebrate Thanksgiving on what we celebrate,Columbus day,in October..It's all good...happy Thanksgiving all.:)

Steve B

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my DW friends! I realize we are from all parts of the world and not everyone is celebrating this holiday today but it gives me an excuse to express how mighty thankful I am to all of you for your support, encouragement, lessons and laughter that you've given me. I'm honored to be a part of such a community!

So Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and Happy Drumming to all of you!

Don't be afraid to say Merry Christmas. It's ok

No matter what our backgrounds are, everyday we are alive and able to play music, we have something to be thankful for.

This is also the beginning of Hanukkah. It is a rare occurrence for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to overlap, so I want to send my best wishes for both occasions to our Jewish forum friends.

Don't be afraid to say Merry Christmas. It's ok

I'm going to say this and be done. I even hate to go there but it's really sticking in my craw. Gruntersdad, anyone who knows me knows that I'm not afraid to say anything.

I said Happy Holidays because the holidays are Thanksgiving and Hanukkah which makes it plural and it's not Christmas yet. Also, I really don't appreciate someone telling me what I need to say. My beliefs or non-beliefs may not be the same as yours. That's okay too. I meant no disrespect to anyone and to be corrected when there was nothing to correct me about really ticks me. As an administrator, I would have thought you would have stayed away from such a religious comment here.

It's a shame I can't even say something nice without it turning into a religious commentary. The whole thing has really kind of dampened my spirit today and that's a shame. If the moderators now feel they need to remove this thread because of these comments, I'll understand but I really needed to get that out of my system.

I still hope everyone has a nice day, whatever you chose to call it or how you choose to celebrate it.

I'm going to say this and be done. I even hate to go there but it's really sticking in my craw. Gruntersdad, anyone who knows me knows that I'm not afraid to say anything.

I said Happy Holidays because the holidays are Thanksgiving and Hanukkah which makes it plural and it's not Christmas yet. Also, I really don't appreciate someone telling me what I need to say. My beliefs or non-beliefs may not be the same as yours. That's okay too. I meant no disrespect to anyone and to be corrected when there was nothing to correct me about really ticks me. As an administrator, I would have thought you would have stayed away from such a religious comment here.

It's a shame I can't even say something nice without it turning into a religious commentary. The whole thing has really kind of dampened my spirit today and that's a shame. If the moderators now feel they need to remove this thread because of these comments, I'll understand but I really needed to get that out of my system.

I still hope everyone has a nice day, whatever you chose to call it or how you choose to celebrate it.

+1000. We, meaning the human race, need more inclusion, not separation. To me "Happy Holidays" includes everybody who is celebrating a special day or season. What is wrong with it?

While we're at it, happy Mothers Day!

Remember the International Day of Peace,aka Happy World Peace Day,which is celebreted on September 21 .

Again,a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Steve B

I meant no offense and wasn't offended by your wishes. I misunderstood your "holidays" reference and was only commented because so many companies and others have Gone away from in an effort to be politically correct. Please accepts apology.

... and the very same to you Mary :)

You do know we love you, yeah?

I'd like to add HAPPY THANKS to all the GIVING people here on DW: all the members, the admins, and Bernhard most of all for creating this fine community to begin with. Now go forth and celebrate!

It's just not Thanksgiving if the cops aren't called....

I had an old girlfriend who was dead serious when she said that.

You have to wonder what goes on at some families tables lol.

I'm going to a jam in the city after family time is done, woo hoo!

Plenty to be thankful for, this year. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.​

About to head out to a buddy's house who is hosting this year. Gonna go eat turkey and drink wine till I pass out. Playing a gig at a fun little venue tomorrow. Gonna be a great weekend. Hope everyone makes the most of it.

Back