Happy October - Show us your Monster

Still missing the 22”, but its getting there 😍

View attachment 109573View attachment 109574
Looks nice and tidy!

Here’s the Pearl Sessions currently in 7 pc form before I scale it down, the 13” tom is not pictured.

I am reluctantly to do tear down as it’s really fun to play. On that note, as I’m getting to know the kit, I want to experiment with the heads and sound a bit more as I’ve equipped with die cast hoops.

They really work alongside the cs dots and happy to know I can return to that arrangement for my bread and butter.

48DA841D-9D81-45E7-9D00-1B3F6EF21189.jpeg

Looks nice and tidy!

Here’s the Pearl Sessions currently in 7 pc form before I scale it down, the 13” tom is not pictured.

I am reluctantly to do tear down as it’s really fun to play. On that note, as I’m getting to know the kit, I want to experiment with the heads and sound a bit more as I’ve equipped with die cast hoops.

They really work alongside the cs dots and happy to know I can return to that arrangement for my bread and butter.

View attachment 109587
Is that a standard Black Dot on your bass drum or a P3 Black Dot (that is, a Black Dot with an inlay ring)? Just curious.

F0A349C4-8893-4E13-8846-47140646AB37.jpegFB46295B-1805-4E05-B8BB-9055D06DCC51.jpegA24E5F5C-E0BB-439D-9EFD-EDCAB304A625.jpegHere are two photos of my monster, and one of my sister that witch and her devil of a brother looking intent on getting the candy circa 1972. My mom made the costumes and pitch fork (I don’t think I ever had a store bought costume) And texted me this photo last night.

View attachment 109932View attachment 109933View attachment 109934Here are two photos of my monster, and one of my sister that witch and her devil of a brother looking intent on getting the candy circa 1972. My mom made the costumes and pitch fork (I don’t think I ever had a store bought costume) And texted me this photo last night.
Beautiful color on that monster kit!

I’ve wanted to ask as I’ve seen before, is that a 14 racked on a snare stand?
If so how come you rack as opposed to standing?
Also, the inside right snare, are they off or is that auxiliary?

My first loves as a drummer were Pearl and Tama.

That’s a very nice pic of y’all - thanks for sharing.
Wouldn’t you know, later in life your kit would turn out a red devil itself?!

Beautiful color on that monster kit!

I’ve wanted to ask as I’ve seen before, is that a 14 racked on a snare stand?
If so how come you rack as opposed to standing?
Also, the inside right snare, are they off or is that auxiliary?

My first loves as a drummer were Pearl and Tama.

That’s a very nice pic of y’all - thanks for sharing.
Wouldn’t you know, later in life your kit would turn out a red devil itself?!
Thanks! (y) :)
Yes it is a 14” floor tom that is too low for my taste when using the legs, so removed the legs and raised it up with a snare stand where it’s perfectly positioned for me.
The snare on the right (this Tama piccolo snare)B3397882-AF10-42CB-9B21-7E768F29DD2D.jpeg is used more as a tom than a snare. Takes up a lot less room than another floor tom (which I don’t have), and gives me something else to hit.
I am very appreciative of the gear I have, and it is interesting that every kit I’ve ever owned (total of 4) has been red. I am sure some psychologist could read something into that haha.
Happy Halloween!

Here's my homage to Chester Thompson...

CT1.jpg

CT2.jpg

Damn good job on this one!
Something about a 5 up monster that looks very intriguing.

What are the sizes 8”-14” rack and 16” 18” floors?
Yes! 8x5.5, 10x9, 12x11, 13x12, and 14x13" Both floors are 16" but the different batter heads (Response 2 on the higher one, Force 10 on the lower one) makes tuning them pretty far apart a breeze. One day I'm sure I'll have an actual 18" but they're so expensive and rare I'm not in a big rush.

Not a monster, but 100% Halloween appropriate:

Back