Happy October - Show us your Monster

larryace

"Uncle Larry" - Administrator
Staff member
Hey Brother, do you play a 2 kick set ever? Are they both 22's? Depths? Tom sizes/depths?

I've since went to TF metal hoops on my 3 rack toms. They project better with them live, and I need that. They are a little more aggressive with the metal hoops. The big drums retain the wood hoops because they are their own brand of awesome...

Seeing your kit is eerily weird. I had to do a second take. Like seeing my wife but it's not quite her lol

Seeing your shiny bass drums makes me want to break out some Bri Wax and get my ass a-shinin'

Ladies and Dobermans, the man who gave birth to this archetypical drumset...I present to you...Andy Crosby! Yay! (Said like Kermit thee frog)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Brother, do you play a 2 kick set ever?
Except for way back in the day, I never play out with 2 bass drums, & I don't even have both of these bass drums anymore. This was set up just for fun at a time when I had another customer's kit ready to ship. I did retain a 8, 10, 12, 16, 18, 22 walnut with ash hoops shell set to choose from.
Are they both 22's? Depths? Tom sizes/depths?
In this picture; 8 x 10, 10 x 10, 12 x 10, 13 x 11, 16 x 14, & two 22 x 14 bass drums
I've since went to TF metal hoops on my 3 rack toms. They project better with them live, and I need that. They are a little more aggressive with the metal hoops. The big drums retain the wood hoops because they are their own brand of awesome...
I have used this model with metal hoops, & concur. Tonally, a bit more bite in the delivery, but I keep my Tour series walnut with ash hoops for warmth, & let my Origin series ovangkol deliver the huge weight with an edge duties.

Last edited:

Ransan

Still missing the 22”, but its getting there 😍

View attachment 109573View attachment 109574
Looks nice and tidy!

Here’s the Pearl Sessions currently in 7 pc form before I scale it down, the 13” tom is not pictured.

I am reluctantly to do tear down as it’s really fun to play. On that note, as I’m getting to know the kit, I want to experiment with the heads and sound a bit more as I’ve equipped with die cast hoops.

They really work alongside the cs dots and happy to know I can return to that arrangement for my bread and butter.

48DA841D-9D81-45E7-9D00-1B3F6EF21189.jpeg

C.M. Jones

Diamond Member
Looks nice and tidy!

Here’s the Pearl Sessions currently in 7 pc form before I scale it down, the 13” tom is not pictured.

I am reluctantly to do tear down as it’s really fun to play. On that note, as I’m getting to know the kit, I want to experiment with the heads and sound a bit more as I’ve equipped with die cast hoops.

They really work alongside the cs dots and happy to know I can return to that arrangement for my bread and butter.

View attachment 109587
Is that a standard Black Dot on your bass drum or a P3 Black Dot (that is, a Black Dot with an inlay ring)? Just curious.

SomeBadDrummer

Platinum Member
F0A349C4-8893-4E13-8846-47140646AB37.jpegFB46295B-1805-4E05-B8BB-9055D06DCC51.jpegA24E5F5C-E0BB-439D-9EFD-EDCAB304A625.jpegHere are two photos of my monster, and one of my sister that witch and her devil of a brother looking intent on getting the candy circa 1972. My mom made the costumes and pitch fork (I don’t think I ever had a store bought costume) And texted me this photo last night.

Ransan

View attachment 109932View attachment 109933View attachment 109934Here are two photos of my monster, and one of my sister that witch and her devil of a brother looking intent on getting the candy circa 1972. My mom made the costumes and pitch fork (I don’t think I ever had a store bought costume) And texted me this photo last night.
Beautiful color on that monster kit!

I’ve wanted to ask as I’ve seen before, is that a 14 racked on a snare stand?
If so how come you rack as opposed to standing?
Also, the inside right snare, are they off or is that auxiliary?

My first loves as a drummer were Pearl and Tama.

That’s a very nice pic of y’all - thanks for sharing.
Wouldn’t you know, later in life your kit would turn out a red devil itself?!

SomeBadDrummer

Platinum Member
Beautiful color on that monster kit!

I’ve wanted to ask as I’ve seen before, is that a 14 racked on a snare stand?
If so how come you rack as opposed to standing?
Also, the inside right snare, are they off or is that auxiliary?

My first loves as a drummer were Pearl and Tama.

That’s a very nice pic of y’all - thanks for sharing.
Wouldn’t you know, later in life your kit would turn out a red devil itself?!
Thanks! (y) :)
Yes it is a 14” floor tom that is too low for my taste when using the legs, so removed the legs and raised it up with a snare stand where it’s perfectly positioned for me.
The snare on the right (this Tama piccolo snare)B3397882-AF10-42CB-9B21-7E768F29DD2D.jpeg is used more as a tom than a snare. Takes up a lot less room than another floor tom (which I don’t have), and gives me something else to hit.
I am very appreciative of the gear I have, and it is interesting that every kit I’ve ever owned (total of 4) has been red. I am sure some psychologist could read something into that haha.
Happy Halloween!

SomeBadDrummer

Platinum Member

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Here's my homage to Chester Thompson...

CT1.jpg

CT2.jpg