Happy National Drummer Day

cdar

I don't post very much ever but have been on this site for years....... lurk and learn...

I was surprised that there was no mention of today being National Drummer Day...... who even thought this was a thing?

...and if its not enough, there's also "Hug a Drummer Day" on October 10th!

Enjoy!

1573843291585.png

Shoot! I wish my wife knew about this. She would have bought me that top-of-the-line Tama kit fitted with top-of-the-line Paiste cymbals I wanted.

Oh well. :cry:

Maybe next year! ;)

At least I did get a hug on Oct. 10. Sheer coincidence, however.

Hallmark I'm guessing has no National Drummer Day card. I have to wonder how official it really is. I can't see Congress taking their time to give the drummers some. I think someone who wasn't qualified made this up. I mean if most drummers weren't aware of it...who is?

For those who didn't know, we get a whole month. From 1996 to 2013 it was November. Since 2014 it is May. Being that the timing has changed, I'm guessing it's observance was initiated by a guitar player!

Wow what Nation?
What no international drummer day?
Is this political we can’t go there, and drummers happy? is any drummer really that happy?
I can’t tell it from here.
No I call bull crap Modern Drummer or some blog made this up.
And to prove my point -Who do you think is the best Happy National Drummer?
Butt if there really is one I wish everyone a Merry Happy National Drummer day.
Wait ? Just a day? Why not a week or month? Drummers get no respect.

Wow what Nation?
What no international drummer day?
Is this political we can’t go there, and drummers happy? is any drummer really that happy?
I can’t tell it from here.
No I call bull crap Modern Drummer or some blog made this up.
And to prove my point -Who do you think is the best Happy National Drummer?
Butt if there really is one I wish everyone a Merry Happy National Drummer day.
Wait ? Just a day? Why not a week or month? Drummers get no respect.
Check the link in post #4.

Check the link in post #4.
Awesome Mr Polack DW is like a magical oracle-ask a question get an answer.
Best of the Merry day and month to all- and to all happy times beating their rhythm sticks. We drummers “count” after all and appreciation can’t be “beat”. Happy rim shots to all.

I don't post very much ever but have been on this site for years....... lurk and learn...

I was surprised that there was no mention of today being National Drummer Day...... who even thought this was a thing?

...and if its not enough, there's also "Hug a Drummer Day" on October 10th!

Enjoy!

View attachment 88462
Wow, thank you for sharing. I had no idea but will have to let my wife know she owes my something :sneaky:

Back