Hal Blaine - RIP

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Damn, what a legacy this man leaves. Few people can claim such an intimate relationship with and rich contribution to an entire era of popular music. Legend.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Damn, what a legacy this man leaves. Few people can claim such an intimate relationship with and rich contribution to an entire era of popular music. Legend.
What a unique position to be in. Randomly walking through a mall or listening to the radio while driving, hearing a song you played drums for, and having an emotional experience completely unrelated to the music as a result. Hearing a drum hit that’s just slightly too loud or late/early, or remembering some emotion you were dealing with the day you laid down the track, etc..

Hmm. He will be missed.

trickg

Silver Member
I'm genuinely bummed to hear this. I'd always hoped that by some chance I might get to meet him someday - I've got a number of friends who work in instrument retail, and I had hoped to maybe see him at a NAMM show or something. I knew time was dwindling though - I knew he was getting old, but I didn't realize he was 90.

He was the right man in the right place at the right time - there won't ever be another drummer with the kind of notoriety or presence that Hal Blaine had.