Ha...just picked up some ZBT 13" hats.

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
$30, For a spare kit (the PDP). Think ill set it up in a rehearsal space so if someone breaks them I'm not totally livid. They actually don't sound all that bad while sounding totally terrible at the same time :)

Kswahhhhh

...*chick*

SgtThump

Platinum Member
TOO FUNNY! My band usually rehearses at the bass players studio and I use his drumset and cymbals. All old crappy ZBT things. I always joke that the 13" hi-hats kinda don't sound toooooooo awful. LOL

SlitYourDrums

I rocked ZBT hi hats for a couple a years.... then the top cracked on me. They actually didn't sound the worst. Mike Mangini uses them, so hey. They arent awful.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I've got 14" ZBT's provided for me at rehearsals, and I like them. I don't use the ZBT crashes that are there though. For the most part the hats are pretty darned sweet. Lots of sizzle.

drumhammerer

Silver Member
agreed. Those 13" hats aren't too bad. The regular ride (older version) is actually pretty good, too with a little tape to mute some of the over tones.

braincramp

Gold Member
Use the 14" on a practice set, I always thought if there is one cymbal you can skimp on its hats. Spend your money on crashes first then a ride and lastly hats and in the meantime the zbts or b8 s will work.