H1 Handy Recorder

Ive been wanting to record some drums for the heck of it and im tired of using my cell phone to record ideas.

I picked up a H1 Handy Recorder from musiciansfriend.com. Its currently on sale by the way. Any body have any experience with these? I searched on here and couldn't find much.

I recently borrowed the H1 for a gig. The room was carpeted and fairly dead. The recordings came through clean and bright. Probably much better than your cell phone could capture. It is a decent deal considering the price. The recorder is good for a one trick application - don't expect to try editing or fixing anything. But what it does it does well.

Thinking about buying one myself soon.
Anyways, it's good for capturing ideas or a gig out on the town. I recommend it!

I've had one for a coupla years .. used it a few times in a live setting. Overall I'm pleased with it. It has several compression/limiter settings which is nice. It records to a sd card .. move the files to your pc, then edit to your heart's content.

I recently borrowed the H1 for a gig. The room was carpeted and fairly dead. The recordings came through clean and bright. Probably much better than your cell phone could capture. It is a decent deal considering the price. The recorder is good for a one trick application - don't expect to try editing or fixing anything. But what it does it does well.

Thinking about buying one myself soon.
Anyways, it's good for capturing ideas or a gig out on the town. I recommend it!

Cool. Once i get the H1 up and running maybe i will put a recording on here as an example. Now that i now how to edit the "dead space" (time it takes me to get to my throne) i should be good to go. Thank you for your replies on this.

Here is an example of the Zoom H1 Handy recorder. Recorder was placed about 12 feet away from the kit. No mics or anything. Plus a little tribute to one of my favorite bands finally going into the RRHOF!

Attachments

• Sawyer2.mp3
    914 KB · Views: 94
Back