Guru scores again!

bigiainw

Gold Member
Just wanted to say that the recent drummer magasine review of the Guru Capuccino kit was probably the most favourable review of anything I've ever seen.

Congrats Andy, it seems you have yet another winner on your hands there!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Damn! I haven't seen it. I was told the magazine was due for release March 5th. I need to go & get a copy.

So it's really good?

Edit: Just checked my online magazine subscription, & it's not released yet. Where the hell did you find the review, a physical copy?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I looked yesterday when I saw this thread with no luck either, I've only found those pics...
Dammit Henri, I'm salivating now. I'd put this out of my mind until the release date. I do like the picture & article description though ;)

Most would imagine that we get advance notice of reviews. Other than a technical spec checklist, we don't.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Congrats Andy and hip,hip huzza.Again well done.A review like that in a respected drum oriented magazine might just be the "shot in the arm" you an Dean need.You manufacture one of the best sounding , artististicly beautiful and original drum kits I've ever seen,and deserve so much more than just a footnote in the history of the instrument.

What you've done with Guru, is the same as the big three Japanese drum builders of the late 70's did.You raised the bar,and changed the game.The big guns out there,although some have been slightly innovative,will soon realize this and also realize ,that the've just been caught with their pants(trousers) down.

Here's hoping you may have to hire more staff,just to fill orders.You guys have hit this one out of the park.......again.Cheers.:)

Steve B

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Andy and hip,hip huzza.Again well done.A review like that in a respected drum oriented magazine might just be the "shot in the arm" you an Dean need.You manufacture one of the best sounding , artististicly beautiful and original drum kits I've ever seen,and deserve so much more than just a footnote in the history of the instrument.

What you've done with Guru, is the same as the big three Japanese drum builders of the late 70's did.You raised the bar,and changed the game.The big guns out there,although some have been slightly innovative,will soon realize this and also realize ,that the've just been caught with their pants(trousers) down.

Here's hoping you may have to hire more staff,just to fill orders.You guys have hit this one out of the park.......again.Cheers.:)

Steve B
Thank you Steve, & especially for your continued support + motivation :) Still haven't seen this review yet though, I've just got Ian's word that it's good :( When I get a copy (that might be a while), I'll post it in another thread.

larryz

Platinum Member
That's great. I wonder why the magazine refers to Guru as "the master craftsmen...". Like they knew of you or your reputation before their review the drums? Interesting seeing that you're a newer company basically. Can't wait to read it.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member

bigiainw

Gold Member
Damn! I haven't seen it. I was told the magazine was due for release March 5th. I need to go & get a copy.

So it's really good?

Edit: Just checked my online magazine subscription, & it's not released yet. Where the hell did you find the review, a physical copy?
I subscribe to the paper version, it arrived last Saturday morning in the post. ;0)

And as you know, yes, it's really, really good! Family drama's at the weekend prevented me being back on line, otherrwise I would have scanned it and posted it for you. It's the only thing in the issue that I've read yet!

I'll keep an eye on MD too- I subscribe to that too and the paper copy frequently beats the electronic version. Watch this space!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I subscribe to the paper version, it arrived last Saturday morning in the post. ;0)

And as you know, yes, it's really, really good! Family drama's at the weekend prevented me being back on line, otherrwise I would have scanned it and posted it for you. It's the only thing in the issue that I've read yet!

I'll keep an eye on MD too- I subscribe to that too and the paper copy frequently beats the electronic version. Watch this space!
Thanks Ian :) have you seen my thread on the review?

Appreciate you watching out for the MD article :)

I hope the family drama isn't too severe :(

bigiainw

Gold Member
Thanks Ian :) have you seen my thread on the review?

Appreciate you watching out for the MD article :)

I hope the family drama isn't too severe :(
Saw the thread! Its even better on second reading!

Dramas! We have a 20 week old baby.

The weekend before last my wife went out with my middle daughter who is 7 and fell while roller skating and broke her right arm. My mother came over to help. On saturday last, she went into the local town with my eldest daughter, fell over and broke her left shoulder, having broken her right shoulder 2 weeks before Christmas, slipping on some ice. I'm not working in my usual post and can't take any time off to help. Both my wife and my mother are unable to self care at the moment. The kids go to school 6 miles from where we live and no-one else can drive at the moment. I'm chief cook, bottle washer, laundry operative, cleaner, baby bather and changer and general gopher- and that's before I get to work!

'Nuff said. Not life threatening, but both frustrating and very tiring!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member

The weekend before last my wife went out with my middle daughter who is 7 and fell while roller skating and broke her right arm. My mother came over to help. On saturday last, she went into the local town with my eldest daughter, fell over and broke her left shoulder, having broken her right shoulder 2 weeks before Christmas, slipping on some ice. I'm not working in my usual post and can't take any time off to help. Both my wife and my mother are unable to self care at the moment. The kids go to school 6 miles from where we live and no-one else can drive at the moment. I'm chief cook, bottle washer, laundry operative, cleaner, baby bather and changer and general gopher- and that's before I get to work!

Wow Ian, major kudos to you. You're a good man!

Good luck with everything.

Andy.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

longgun

Gold Member

Wow Ian, when it rains, it pours............but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Enjoy your baby........they grow up too fast.