Gun holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

felonious69

Gold Member
A guy wakes up to his gal slapping the crap out of him, yelling and screaming at him.

He sputters and says WHAT?!?!?!? What the hell happened?!?!?!?

She says "I was just dreaming that you were sleeping with my little sister!"

He says "Oh...you dream that too?"

(Because...CALM DOWN PEOPLE!)

bud7h4

Silver Member
I think some of you guys would feel a bit different about carrying a weapon after you've seen somebody pass away in front of you. Admittedly in my experience it was not as a result of an incident, it was a medical death - but the fragility of life is something you only realise when you've seen it slip away and something you'd feel differently about taking afterwards.
Not sure what your point is. Are you suggesting I should be more concerned for the life of the individual I might have to shoot at the expense of my own life or a loved one's?

bud7h4

Silver Member
I sold my chess set at a pawn shop...son-of-a-bishop rooked me.
Are you doing this in any other threads or just this one?

One of those fanny pack "holsters" would be nice with pockets for your phone, keys, a second mag, etc.

Last edited:

WallyY

Platinum Member
I stopped listening to the debate years ago.
I have seven Congressional Medal of Honor recipients coming to my club on September 11th to shoot machine guns.
My biggest concern is how to say thank you for your service in the most heartfelt way.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Not sure what your point is. Are you suggesting I should be more concerned for the life of the individual I might have to shoot at the expense of my own life or a loved one's?
No, what I'm saying is that most people that talk about 'protecting their family' don't understand the impact that witnessing death has on a person and is themselves a scared coward.

How to protect your family? Avoid situations whereby a threat may occur and stop playing unrealistic scenarios in your head.

Two guns in a hostile situation makes it far more likely that at least one person is going to get shot. Stop pretending you're a hero.

bud7h4

Silver Member
No, what I'm saying is that most people that talk about 'protecting their family' don't understand the impact that witnessing death has on a person and is themselves a scared coward.

How to protect your family? Avoid situations whereby a threat may occur and stop playing unrealistic scenarios in your head.

There's too much WTF in that post for me to waste too much time on, but this idea your crowd has about self defense situations being these wild-west gun fights shows your child-like understanding and outlook. I'm not armed to win some hollywood style shootout. Frankly I bought my very first Glock specifically for knife fights.

As far as the "witnessing death" you keep going on about, I don't ever want to have to use my firearm. I would get no pleasure or feel any glory from doing so. But I have absolutely no concern whatsoever for someone threatening my life or a loved one's.
This mental image of gun owners you busybody control freaks have fabricated in your weird little minds only makes you look ignorant and nuts when you spout off on the subject.

Two guns in a hostile situation makes it far more likely that at least one person is going to get shot. Stop pretending you're a hero.

And what does ONE gun in that situation make more likely?

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member

someguy01

Platinum Member
Church. Packing for a church gig. Well, in SC that might be a necessity, maybe TX.
I own guns because shooting shit is fun. I have no fears of home invasion or being attacked while kayaking.
Some of these concerns are potentially legitimate, a lot are borderline paranoia and delusion stirred up by a media machine that uses violence to sell ad time.
To the OP, I made zero judgement of you, I simply asked where you're playing that you'd feel a sidearm necessary. I also answered your question.
Your reply kind of supports my paranoia hypothesis.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Church. Packing for a church gig. Well, in SC that might be a necessity, maybe TX.
I own guns because shooting shit is fun. I have no fears of home invasion or being attacked while kayaking.
Some of these concerns are potentially legitimate, a lot are borderline paranoia and delusion stirred up by a media machine that uses violence to sell ad time.
To the OP, I made zero judgement of you, I simply asked where you're playing that you'd feel a sidearm necessary. I also answered your question.
Your reply kind of supports my paranoia hypothesis.

BAM!!!

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Out of curiosity for those who conceal carry what holster brand or company do you use for conceal carry while playing behind the kit?

Alien Gear. I ordered the Shape Shifter package. It is freakin' awesome. I use it for conceal carry and open carry. While playing, I move it over to about 5:00 on my waist.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I'm still trying to imagine the scenario where one not only must have a firearm in a church, but it must be readily accessible at all times.

Nov. 5, 2017: Dressed in black tactical-style gear and armed with an assault weapon, 21-year-old Devin Kelley opened fire at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas, killing 26 people and wounding about 20 others.

Sept 24, 2017: Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25, was charged with killing a woman and wounding six other people with gunshots at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Nashville, Tennessee.

Aug. 13, 2016: Imam Maulana Alauddin Akonjee and his friend Thara Uddin were fatally shot as they left a New York City mosque. Oscar Morel, 35, was charged with second-degree murder.

Aug. 9, 2016: A shooting during a party at a Jersey City, New Jersey, church left 17-year-old Leander Williams dead and two teenage girls wounded. Daequan Jackson, 18, was charged with murder.

April 24, 2016: Mark Storms fatally shot 27-year-old Robert Braxton III during Sunday services in a suburban Philadelphia church. Storms, 46, argued self-defense, but was sentenced to 10 to 20 years in prison for voluntary manslaughter.

Feb. 28, 2016: Rev. William B. Schooler, 70, was fatally shot by his 68-year-old brother inside an office at St. Peter’s Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton, Ohio, as Sunday services were winding down. Daniel Schooler was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 31 years to life in prison.

June 17, 2015: Nine black worshippers including a pastor were killed by Dylann Roof, a 21-year-old white supremacist, after he prayed with them for nearly an hour. The shooting happened at historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. Roof was convicted of federal hate-crime and obstruction-of-religion charges and sentenced to death.

April 13, 2014: Neo-Nazi and former Ku Klux Klan leader Frazier Miller Jr. fatally shot Dr. William Corporon and his 14-year-old grandson Reat Underwood outside an Overland Park, Kansas, Jewish center as they arrived for a community event. He then drove to a Jewish retirement community where he fatally shot Terry LaManno, who was visiting her mother.

March 31, 2013: A 28-year-old man fatally shot his father during Easter services at the Hiawatha Church of God in Christ in Ashtabula, Ohio. Reshad Riddle then made a rambling statement at the pulpit while yelling about God and Allah, still holding his handgun as panicked worshippers fled the church.

Dec. 2, 2012: Elementary school music teacher Gregory Eldred, 52, shot his ex-wife, Darlene Sitler, while she played the organ during a church service at the First United Presbyterian Church in Coudersport, Pennsylvania.

Oct. 24, 2012: A former facilities maintenance employee at World Changers Church International in College Park, Georgia, opened fire, killing church volunteer Greg McDowell, 39, while he was leading a prayer. Police arrested Floyd Palmer, 51, who was found guilty but mentally ill and sentenced to life in prison.

Aug. 5, 2012: Six members of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, in Oak Creek, were fatally shot by a white supremacist, Wade Michael Page. Page was shot by a responding officer and later killed himself.

May 9, 2012: Joseph Lewis Jr., 84, was fatally shot while sitting in a car guarding Victory Way Assembly Church of God in Christ in Detroit, Michigan. Two teenagers, 15-year-old Anthony Williams and 18-year-old Alandre Boone, attacked him while a Bible study took place inside. Police suspected robbery was the motive. Both teenagers were tried and convicted as adults for second-degree murder.

May 3, 2012: A homeless man killed himself after fatally shooting a priest and a church secretary at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Ellicott City, Maryland. Police said Douglas Franklin Jones had been turned away from the church food bank about two weeks earlier for visiting every day instead of weekly.

from https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2017/11/06/a-list-of-some-us-house-of-worship-shootings-since-2012/AP 2017/AP 2017/

I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything. There's a lot of violence everywhere that goes unreported. I've only had to pull a gun on one person, and I freakin' hated it, but I had to defend my family (it wasn't at church). I'm very pro 2nd amendment, but I find no joy whatsoever in the thought of pulling a weapon on another human, but there have been a few times I was glad I had it when I did. Our world sucks in so many ways, and I wish this was a non-issue.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Exactly right - the solution to gun violence is more people having more guns and for us all to be strapped as part of our daily routine. Common sense, people!

seems to be working to me...... 😒 😑🙄

I definitely feel like there are less shootings now than there were 20,30,40 etc. years ago. The days of not having to walk through metal detectors for school and concerts were sooo unsafe. The days where you could leave the doors of your house unlocked were just nerve-wracking. The days where you could stop at a traffic light and not get carjacked were just overrated....

guns in church? SUCCESS!!!
guns in schools? SUCCESS!!!
the gun violence death rate in my home town up to record numbers...

SUCCESS!!!!!

we used to have an avg of 68 homicides a year here in town...maybe 50% of that was gun related. Now, it is the freaking "wild west" here...
America now sometimes being put on the red or orange lists for foreign travelers to be wary of....JUST LIKE Syria, N. Korea, Iraq....SUCCESS!!!!

send.....more.....guns!!!!!!!

bruh

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member

cbphoto

Diamond Member
Lotsa whining about guns. Meanwhile, China continues their control over their populace:

chinavideogames.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.