Guitar Center's used inventory

Pyromaniac777

Silver Member
So today I got my Zildjian A medium thin 16" crash. I got it barely used on guitar center's used inventory for $69 + shipping. I've seen some amazing deals on there. You guys should seriously check it out. I remember one time I saw a pair of HHX Evolution hats in great condition for like $129. And I also saw a Zildjian K thin 16" for $99.

The cymbal that I got has absolutely no stick marks whatsoever and just some fingerprints. I don't work for guitar center, so I'm not really trying to advertise them. I just think you guys would find some great deals on there.

Attachments

• IMG_3216.JPG
    IMG_3216.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 885
i too have bought several 'used' cymbals from Guitar Center. All were in really pristine condition and very well priced.

I have also bought a djembe and cymbals from Guitar Center, but each store describes "condition" according to their own opinion.
I bought one item that was in less than stellar condition. Pics generally clear that up though.
tracer

There are great deals and they come with a 30 day return as well, which is worth a few $$ more if needed.

In addition to 2 other Sabian crashes, I bought an HHX Ozone for a steal from GC Used Inventory and it was virtually in new condition. It was under-priced for the market locally here, but sometimes those other smaller cities value it differently so I keep a close watch on that site when I'm hunting for something used.
With the 30 day return policy on used equipment bought, it's worth it to try GC first if something pops up that I'm searching for, vs. Craigslist or Ebay.

You got a good deal on a nice looking cymbal.
For more common, general use cymbals, used is the way to go.

If you specifically want something that isn't a big seller to begin with though, you can be be looking a long time before one shows up, unless you buy new.

Indeed. I've found that their search function is handy for when I ave a pre-determined cymbal and budget in mind. "Find me a Zildjian A Custom China for <= $125". Bam!

This happens a lot at my store. Drum guy heads to lunch and a Guitar guy covers his section, and then buys something in, and has no clue what he purchased.

You don't see it as much at the smaller stores, but in some of the crazy locations, great products sometimes slip through at a super low price.

This happens a lot at my store. Drum guy heads to lunch and a Guitar guy covers his section, and then buys something in, and has no clue what he purchased.

You don't see it as much at the smaller stores, but in some of the crazy locations, great products sometimes slip through at a super low price.

Or sound guy... :)....

Yep I have two Custom As I bought used from GC. Good deals. sometimes EBay has good used cymbals too. I have one from there.

I've always thought GC had good used stuff. They are always willing to send you more pics of a certain item if you ask too. I would say their used stuff is maybe a little bit higher priced than say, Craigslist, but I'm willing to pay a little more for the convenience of having all the options and inventory in one spot.

Musicgoround has good deals as well but their shipping is a bit more than normal and you don't get the free returns like GC

There are definitely some great deals to be found at GC on used gear, although some items are inexplicably high. Well, not really a mystery there, somebody at the store pays too much for something, and they have to price it higher than it will sell for. Of course, they eventually start lowering the price until the item sells.

There's a 3-pc WFL kit in good shape that I've had my eye on for 2 years, maybe longer. It started at $3699, then went to $2899, and is currently at $1999. Unfortunately for them, the kit is only worth $800-1000 to the right buyer, maybe $1200 to a serious collector. But at $1999, it's gonna sit for a while. Even Tre Cool wouldn't pay that!

Bermuda

I missed out on a 13, 16, 22 Ludwig Classic Maple in champagne sparkle. CHAMPAGNE SPARKLE! It was going for $650! $650!! I was scrambling to sell a kit to lock that one down but someone beat me to it.

I did trade the kit I was selling for a nice Rogers though so I suppose I came out still winning.

There are definitely some great deals to be found at GC on used gear, although some items are inexplicably high. Well, not really a mystery there, somebody at the store pays too much for something, and they have to price it higher than it will sell for. Of course, they eventually start lowering the price until the item sells.

There's a 3-pc WFL kit in good shape that I've had my eye on for 2 years, maybe longer. It started at $3699, then went to $2899, and is currently at $1999. Unfortunately for them, the kit is only worth $800-1000 to the right buyer, maybe $1200 to a serious collector. But at $1999, it's gonna sit for a while. Even Tre Cool wouldn't pay that!

Bermuda

Have you ever made them a reasonable offer as to what you think it is worth? After 2 years on the floor they just may take you up on it.

Can I ask you all about shipping on used stuff? What did guitar center charge all of you on cymbals and stuff? I paid $10 to ship a teeny little guitar pedal which I thought was a lot, but I want to know what they charged on other drum gear like stands and snares.
What did they charge you guys?

Shipping wasn't too bad for me. I think shipping & tax combined on a $99 used cymbal I bought from them was around $33, which is reasonable to me. They certainly do not mark down their used item shipping or offer free shipping like they do on the new items.

I picked up a used Pearl Masters Custom (MMX) snare from them that matched my kit. I bought my MMX from a different location used as well. The snares sell from $200-$300 online usually for used ones, I found one on the GC online search and talked them down to $175. It came to $203 after shipping and handling and tax.

So today I got my Zildjian A medium thin 16" crash. I got it barely used on guitar center's used inventory for $69 + shipping. I've seen some amazing deals on there. You guys should seriously check it out. I remember one time I saw a pair of HHX Evolution hats in great condition for like $129. And I also saw a Zildjian K thin 16" for $99.

The cymbal that I got has absolutely no stick marks whatsoever and just some fingerprints. I don't work for guitar center, so I'm not really trying to advertise them. I just think you guys would find some great deals on there.

GC does have some good deals ,but there is a shipping and handling fee regardless plus tax ,and in CA they charge tax on the handing fee.

CA is a real mess when it comes to taxes.

I always figure in a 20 to 40 buck hidden markup on whatever I buy.

I just bought a 13 inch K Constantinople bottom for a high hat at 68 bucks up in Sacramento.
I 'm close enough to drive up there to pick it up and never been to that one ,so it's a bit of a road trip.

Back