Guitar Center Shuts Down!

wraub

...imagine shopping during this if you already don't do amazon.

What I have is good, what I have is enough... (repeat)

C.M. Jones

Try Sweetwater, my sales engineer called me today and said the warehouse is running a skeleton crew. Shipping will take a little longer but under the circumstances, I think that outstanding
Sweetwater does provide first-rate customer service. It's awful that so many reputable businesses are struggling at present. Let's hope a recovery is within our grasp.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
..imagine shopping during this if you already don't do amazon.
My wife and I were just talking about this. Money might be a bit useless for a little while. Everyone is going to need a card of some sort for anything not available at grocery stores or gas stations.

C.M. Jones

I'll believe it when it happens. GC drama is a tiresome cycle based on doomsday prognostications that never materialize. "Potentially" filing for bankruptcy and going belly up are two different things. In the meantime, the GC saga will continue to draw the spotlight, a form of marketing in and of itself.

TJK

I'll believe it when it happens. GC drama is a tiresome cycle based on doomsday prognostications that never materialize. "Potentially" filing for bankruptcy and going belly up are two different things. In the meantime, the GC saga will continue to draw the spotlight, a form of marketing in and of itself.
I feel no sympathy for these corporate fuckstsains, however I really feel for the employees and even the managers at my local store. They are mostly older guys/gals that were working around the area at the local shops that went under due to the big box stores. In the end the executives will make their big going away bonuses and move on to the next whale to parasite on. I am a capitalist but damn these places just suck the life out and leave.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I just found out trying to source a copy of Stick Control. Sucks because the web says my local GC has a copy. Now I can't get it. Doh!
To be clear: I still havent gotten a copy of Stick Control 🙁. Shame on me, bad drummer! Its okay though, the teachers have been filling the Technique section with exercises since the first post, so I've been busy.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
To be clear: I still havent gotten a copy of Stick Control 🙁. Shame on me, bad drummer! Its okay though, the teachers have been filling the Technique section with exercises since the first post, so I've been busy.
All you really need is the first page, anyway. For they matter, most of my snare practice is just the first 3 exercises, played back-to-back in a loop, (the Stone Killer), plus a couple of basic accent-tap exercises and another Morello exercise. I do other stuff, but that’s 90% of it.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
All you really need is the first page, anyway.
That's what I hear. I have exercise #6 (I think) written down and stuck to my pad. Got 3/2 and 4/3 on there also.

@WhoIsTony? told me to play each exercise on the first page for a minute and try to run them together. I'm totally down for it. I better just order it. Who knows when I'll venture out into public again.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
That's what I hear. I have exercise #6 (I think) written down and stuck to my pad. Got 3/2 and 4/3 on there also.

@WhoIsTony? told me to play each exercise on the first page for a minute and try to run them together. I'm totally down for it. I better just order it. Who knows when I'll venture out into public again.
The first page is available on Google Images. Just google Stone Stick Control and go to Image results.

Ghede

Drumeo has a free dedicated play along video of the first page of stick control at 152 BPM.

https://www.drumeo.com/beat/stick-control-page-1/

On this page there is link to the video and sheet.

Original instructions say repeat each exercise 20 times (so for the first page and most of the others, it's basically 40 bars), but 1 minute is also widely recommended.

someguy01

$9.99 for the Kindle. And you can print individual pages if you want. My Kindle has 'em all.

someguy01

I can post part 2 if anyone is interested. I have the entire book in pdf, PM me if you'd like me to email you the file.

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
I don't have an issue with this in all honesty. The local Guitar Sucker (and Sam Ass) store often didn't have what I needed, rarely had a "drum guy" much less had one who knew the instrument to help out. And if they did have a drum rep, they lasted about 3 months before how they were treated by management drove them out.
When you could find someone to help out, it was always someone other than who knew what you wanted & was always fumbling through how to check you out.

I just gave up on them about 5 years ago for my local mom-and-pop shop (that I should've been using all along). Sure, they didn't have the stock GC had, but ordering from local helped them MUCH more than the corporate monster both big stores were. Good riddance.

I'll use Sweetwater if I really need something special & their sales engineers know about follow up better than anyone I've ever met.

someguy01

The local Guitar Sucker (and Sam Ass) store often didn't have what I needed, rarely had a "drum guy"
I was in the local GC with the wife (she needed a capo) and there was a friendly older couple desperately seeking advice about e-drums for their 10yr old grandson who was taking up drums. While she waited in line, I proceeded to give them all the help they should ever need as well as some good advice for a n00b (pad, lessons) and then referred them to Reverb for what they needed.