Guidance needed - too much money to get it wrong!

Good lord!

I think firstly you need to decide between quantity and quality. For example, my kit is worth around £1600 (well it was when new), but it is a Mapex M Birch. The reason is, I have two kick drums and five toms, with racks, pedals and all sorts.

However, you could spend the same amount on a three piece Sonor Delite or one of the other top-line series. It's down to what you're after really. As much as I love the super high quality jazz and fusion kits, I need my kit for my band and rehearsal commitments, so dropped down a few notches on the quality line to get more equipment that I needed.

Tama Starclassic Bubingas all the way for me, but when you're looking at high end stuff, I don't really think you can go wrong. Most top-of-the-line kits will sound great.

Another Mapex Saturn used and then buy some more cymbals

Definitely need more info - what music do you play, how many drums and in what sizes, etc. Until then you'll get a thousand different answers.

Much information needed here.First ..does the dollar (pounds) include cymbals,hardware,and cases(if your're gigging)Secondly .what kind of stuff do you play?You're not going to buy a classic Gretsch kit in jazz sizes if you're in a Megadeth tribute band.But most importantly..what sounds good to YOUR ear?If you like the way Vinnies kit sounds then Gretsch may be the way to go.But remember firstly...its the drummer ..not the drums.Right now Ludwig as far as US drum makers is just killing it.Tama burch?bubinga kits are amazing.Lastly ..used in good condition is always a good choice.You get a lot of bang for the buck.Let us know the answers to there questions and I'm sure we all can help you in your decision.

Want the best value for your money? Call Highwood Drums!

http://www.highwooddrums.co.uk/

You will not be let down. Gareth does a fantastic job, and I will personally attest to the shells he makes as I make mine the same way. They sound fantastic!

This is the second post in a row that I post after Crazy 8's with a GBP/USD conversion. I'm trolling :-D

It comes out to exactly $2382.90 with our current exchange rate.

Personally I'd have no need for something that expensive. I'd probably get some vintage shells off ebay and pay my drum guy to refurbish them. With the remaining cash I'd get a couple of new custom snares, then spend the rest on beer. It'd be a helluva weekend.

Back