Guess this drum intro (with transcription)!

Sebenza

Am I allowed to say what it is? The record that tune comes from literally changed my life...

Reactions: CYP

CYP

Fred koots?
HEY NOWWW! CAREFUL! :ROFLMAO: I mean, people are allowed to guess I guesss hahah. Somebody straight up put it on the youtube video within like 10 minutes. Also, y'all are CRACKING me up with this thread 🤣

Are you sure? I mean, all the clues are pointing to KISS:

View attachment 105658

You wouldn't want to swim in that getup, right?

Nor in these heavy metal boots, that could possibly be made from lead.

View attachment 105661

Am I getting warmer? :sneaky::)
I see you - veryyyy warm! 🤣

TK-421

That was initially the point but it seem the thread has taken on a bit of "mysterious" vibe 🤣
Whoever gives it away has to buy a round of drinks for everyone who contributed to this thread :)

• Haha

wraub

I, also, have contributed to this thread. :D

someguy01

<insert contribution here>

TK-421

Y’all are KILLING me 🤣🤣🤣
OK, big old Drummerworld community hang/bar-hop when? Everyone come to New York and I’ll buy… well uh, at least ONE round 🤣😬
I've been contemplating heading to NYC around October after Broadway opens back up, plus all the jazz clubs like Iridium or Blue Note, which I believe are already open/reopening. If I decide to go, I'll definitely meet up for a drink!

BTW, a few more hints: Could it be Iron Sandals by Jerry Bock? Steel Pumps by Joffrey Bork? Or perhaps Bronze Clogs by Jango Bick?

• Haha

CYP

I've been contemplating heading to NYC around October after Broadway opens back up, plus all the jazz clubs like Iridium or Blue Note, which I believe are already open/reopening. If I decide to go, I'll definitely meet up for a drink!

BTW, a few more hints: Could it be Iron Sandals by Jerry Bock? Steel Pumps by Joffrey Bork? Or perhaps Bronze Clogs by Jango Bick?
Dude! That would be awesome... I would likely be game for a show at any jazz club too!

Alain Rieder

Silver Member
About the original record, I still have it in vinyl version from when it came out. I remember that I entered the hippest record shop in town, they had just received it and it was playing on their stereo. Jaw dropping! I knew JB already (not James Brown), but it sounded so new and fresh!
In the fall of 2007 I was in London for a week-end. I passed by the club by chance and saw the poster announcing the series of concerts a few days later. I couldn't be there and it was probably sold out, but gee...
If I can remember well this poster was the same image they took for the CD and DVD covers.

CYP

About the original record, I still have it in vinyl version from when it came out. I remember that I entered the hippest record shop in town, they had just received it and it was playing on their stereo. Jaw dropping! I knew JB already (not James Brown), but it sounded so new and fresh!
In the fall of 2007 I was in London for a week-end. I passed by the club by chance and saw the poster announcing the series of concerts a few days later. I couldn't be there and it was probably sold out, but gee...
If I can remember well this poster was the same image they took for the CD and DVD covers.
not James Brown 🤣 -- super cool story! Sounds like the live version from Ronnie Scott's was from 2008, but I assume that's the same club you're referring to?
Old Coots
Now you're with it ToneT!