Grounded

No Way Jose

Silver Member
There is a 12 year old girl that lives across the street from me. I'm a musician and she sees me all dressed up going to gigs in stage clothes, and she hears me practice. She likes drums and I gave her a pair of sticks to practice with. Her mom took away her bicycle until her grades improve. So I had my drums set up out on the driveway one day and she came over and played them. Then her mom saw it and I think she's grounded even more than she was. Yeah I get it but maybe she's going to be a popular drummer someday.

someguy01

Her mom took away her bicycle until her grades improve.
Never understood this line of thinking. I would think it would be more beneficial for improvement if the underlying issue is addressed. Lack of understanding, maybe some confusion on a subject, or maybe a tutor. If she's just not doing homework, carve out a set time and then say "you can go bicycling once you're finished with task X"
?‍♂️

lefty2

Platinum Member
She probably didn't get more punishment because she was playing drums it was probably because she was supposed to stay in her yard And not have contact with anyone.That's the way my groundings were when I was a child I couldn't leave the yard and no one else could come over

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Hopefully it's just grounding and not the mom thinking you are the creepy guy across the street and to stay away.

Whenever I was grounded I usually couldn't leave the yard either like @lefty2.

Bozozoid

She probably didn't get more punishment because she was playing drums it was probably because she was supposed to stay in her yard And not have contact with anyone.That's the way my groundings were when I was a child I couldn't leave the yard and no one else could come over
Ya..not only did she leave the yard but she was having fun! for being disobedient..moms don't like that. I wonder if her mom might be more lenient if she was helping the elderly lady rake.

MntnMan62

Some people have no idea how to parent.

Ronzo

When I was a kid this didnt exist. Everyone actually knew their neighbors.
I could not agree more!
In the age of social media people are proud of all their Facebook friends or Twitter likes.
They say things like, ”I have 2000 friend on Facebook!”
Yet that do not even know their neighbours name.
Sad:(
They should call it anti social media.

organworthyplayer337

That creepy musician across the street LOL
Right! If she got into more trouble after playing it was probably for 1) leaving the house without telling anyone, and 2) befriending a grown man and getting that close to the inside of his house. We gotta remember that this child is 12 years old. Doesn't always end well.

No slight to the OP, I'm sure he's an upstanding citizen and all that but I'd be a little shaken if I knew my 12 yr old daughter snuck out of the house to go hang out with a man :LOL: