Groove Juice GJSG Drumstick Grip Spray

zambizzi

Platinum Member
Has anyone tried this stuff yet? I'm hopelessly dependent on easy-to-grip sticks and I thought this might allow me some freedom in stick choice. I've tried Plasti-Dip but it goes on a bit heavy and doesn't feel so hot once your hands get sweaty.

The description:

"This spray on stick grip will help prevent your drumsticks from flying out of your hands when they get too sweaty. Groove juice consists of a non-transferable formula that will not come off on your hands. Just spray on your drum sticks, let dry for approximately one minute, and the sticks will then have a tacky feeling that stays on the sticks. Also works great with drummer gloves."

http://www.interstatemusic.com/weba...1&storeId=10051&langId=-1&productId=900132477

I have never heard of it, or had personal expieriance with the product. But I wouldn't buy it without trying it first. Because if the drumstick feels like crap afterwards thats a wasted pair and a wasted buy.

Though, I think maybe if you do rely on stick with extra grip stuff on em', I'd suggest maybe working on your grip if that seems to be a problem.

I don't know maybe you have abnormally sweaty hands =].

P.S. I tried to PM you but obviously its not working so....yeah.

I did a bunch of sticks with Plasti-Dip and loved it. It can be thinned down if necessary. I also just bought two pair of Zildjian Dip 7A sticks to test and so far so good. I just have a feeling that anything that is sprayed on will come off somewhere, hands clothes etc. But let us know if you try it.

I have never heard of it, or had personal expieriance with the product. But I wouldn't buy it without trying it first. Because if the drumstick feels like crap afterwards thats a wasted pair and a wasted buy.

Though, I think maybe if you do rely on stick with extra grip stuff on em', I'd suggest maybe working on your grip if that seems to be a problem.

I don't know maybe you have abnormally sweaty hands =].

P.S. I tried to PM you but obviously its not working so....yeah.

Yeah it's still hosed.

I'm working on my grip everyday and my technique has definitely come a long way in the last year. BUT...I'm healing very, very slowly because I haven't taken more than three consecutive days off since my arms went to hell on me last year. My grip is really loose, my fulcrum is strong and my free strokes are really great now. I play much more effortlessly and comfortably with a stick that has some sort of coating on it to help.

I do have abnormally sweaty hands...I'm a heavy-sweater! Even when I was at 10% body fat I'd sweat while sipping a beer.

Maybe I'll buy a can of this stuff and spray it all over my hands instead. :p

I have a pair of the Vic Grip sticks sitting here - the 5A model. In typical Vic Firth fashion, they're about 3x heavier than the "normal" VF 5A...I just got a bad pair. I've been playing the black-painted 5A for a few days now and am liking it so far.

I did a bunch of sticks with Plasti-Dip and loved it. It can be thinned down if necessary. I also just bought two pair of Zildjian Dip 7A sticks to test and so far so good. I just have a feeling that anything that is sprayed on will come off somewhere, hands clothes etc. But let us know if you try it.

I tried the plasti-dip myself after you put your thread up here about it. I liked it too but....I dunno...it seems complicated. Ideally I want a stick that I can just grab at the store and play.

I was curious if a spray-on product would end up all over my hands, clothes, in my eye, etc...heh. Maybe I'll get a can and try it out...I like being the DW product test guinea pig.

Vic Firth look good. I like 7A but with a ball tip and I don't see it there. The Zildjian 7A I bought do have a ball tip and so far so good.

Back