Groove Essentials - Book, CD, DVD, MP3 CD?

I got the Groove Essentials 2 DVD a while back. While I'm impressed with the DVD I find it very difficult to read the music on the included poster - it's way too small. For me the sheet music is more important than the DVD.

It looks like there is a companion book, I'm assuming that this has the legible scores in it? It also looks like there are a couple of playalong CDs, one of them having MP3s. What is the difference between the two CDs?

I'd like to complete the rest of the GE 2 package, but would also like to get the complete GE 1 package. Is this the GE DVD, book, and the CD (MP3?)?

I'm on Amazon's site, looking for this, but I'm still not sure what to order.

Thanks!

D

drummmhead

I got the Groove Essentials 2 DVD a while back. While I'm impressed with the DVD I find it very difficult to read the music on the included poster - it's way too small. For me the sheet music is more important than the DVD.

It looks like there is a companion book, I'm assuming that this has the legible scores in it? It also looks like there are a couple of playalong CDs, one of them having MP3s. What is the difference between the two CDs?

I'd like to complete the rest of the GE 2 package, but would also like to get the complete GE 1 package. Is this the GE DVD, book, and the CD (MP3?)?

I'm on Amazon's site, looking for this, but I'm still not sure what to order.

Thanks!
Maybe I can help clear it up.

The books for GE 1 and 2 have all the main grooves plus hundreds of additional variations. And they also includes charts for all the songs. Each book has one disc, an MP3 disc that you import into your computer and use iTunes or whatever to do with them whatever you like (burn audio discs that play in any cd player or do what I do and transfer them to an iPod, which makes it so each to play with). Each disc has over 6 hours of play along tracks and they are all pre-labeled so you don't have to do anything but basically pop it in your computer all the labeling is done for you. There is a page in the book with directions for the computer newbie.

I can't recommend both these books enough, they've transformed my teaching and playing. Amazon has it for like 22 bucks or something... you'll be amazed that they don't sell for over 50 when you get it. They are big, high quality spiral bound books packed with amazing stuff from cover to cover. The global tours alone are enough to keep anyone busy for a long long time. I still cant' get through them without a hitch! :)

Thanks, it was just confusing on Amazon's site - I don't know why the DVD is sold by itself, it should all be packaged together. It's all on order now though!

Maybe I can help clear it up.

The books for GE 1 and 2 have all the main grooves plus hundreds of additional variations. And they also includes charts for all the songs. Each book has one disc, an MP3 disc that you import into your computer and use iTunes or whatever to do with them whatever you like (burn audio discs that play in any cd player or do what I do and transfer them to an iPod, which makes it so each to play with). Each disc has over 6 hours of play along tracks and they are all pre-labeled so you don't have to do anything but basically pop it in your computer all the labeling is done for you. There is a page in the book with directions for the computer newbie.

I can't recommend both these books enough, they've transformed my teaching and playing. Amazon has it for like 22 bucks or something... you'll be amazed that they don't sell for over 50 when you get it. They are big, high quality spiral bound books packed with amazing stuff from cover to cover. The global tours alone are enough to keep anyone busy for a long long time. I still cant' get through them without a hitch! :)

D

drummmhead

Thanks, it was just confusing on Amazon's site - I don't know why the DVD is sold by itself, it should all be packaged together. It's all on order now though!
I should have told you that it IS sold together! There is a groove essentials combo pack for both the series one and series two. sorry. But, sound like you've got it sorted out anyway!

sorry about that.