Gretsch WMP with green tint

Iristone

Silver Member
Hi all,
I've an RB Gretsch 4157 (5.5x14 6-ply) snare drum, and I'm considering building a new kit around it. The drum was initially finished in white marine pearl, but has aged to a lovely green tint, similar to the drums in the link below:
Which modern Gretsch finish do y'all think would match it the best?

I don't know of anyone making greenish-faded WMP wraps, they all seem to go for varying shades of yellow. You could contact someone like Jammin' Sam or Precision Drum Co. with some pics of your drum and see what they recommend.

Are you thinking of building a new kit to match?

"Vintage Pearl" would probably be the closest, but it's not going to be green enough.

You may have to make a compromise and just get as close as you can. As long as you're ok with a slightly different shade, you could have a great kit.

Thank y'all!
To be frank I don't care about mismatching that much - I play it behind a Ludwig Silver Sparkle kit and am perfectly happy with the "mismatch". I just really like that "green marine pearl" colour, and would like to finish a new Gretsch kit in it. Maybe not that much that bugs me, since Gretsch offers tons of nice finishes in other colours, too.

I wouldn't really call that green. It's just yellowed with age, so any of the "vintage" type pre-aged marine pearls should get you close.

I wouldn't really call that green. It's just yellowed with age, so any of the "vintage" type pre-aged marine pearls should get you close.
Mine is a bit greener than that shown in the link (but similar). To be honest I can live with a bit of mismatch; I just really like that light green colour.

Mine is a bit greener than that shown in the link (but similar). To be honest I can live with a bit of mismatch; I just really like that light green colour.
Gotcha. Well, good luck - I hope you find something close!

Back