Gretsch Renown RN2 Silver Oyster Pearl

yammyfan

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago asking for advice about Gretsch kits. This is the kit I wound up buying.

This is the Renown RN2-E605 configuration in Silver Oyster Pearl. The 605 pack includes the matching snare but I'm using my trusty Acrolite until the Renown snare is dialed in the way I like it. The Acrolite blends in nicely anyway.

Sizes are 16x20 kick, 7x10 and 8x12 rack toms, 14x14 floor tom and a 5.5x14 snare.

There's not much I can say about this kit that hasn't been said already. It sounds absolutely fantastic and is as sturdy and well-made as one could ever hope for.

The chrome and shells are top-notch. The GTS mounting system is one of the best I've encountered and the Silver Oyster Pearl wrap helps to disguise the mounting hardware when viewed from just about any angle, especially the audience's point of view. Memory locks abound ensuring a quick and easy setup and tear-down every time. This is a kit built for working drummers.

It came equipped with quality Remo heads so I didn't even have to change those. The kit tuned up in a flash and was ready to play in minutes. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about 5 lugs on each rack tom but I love it. The 302 hoops are terrific, full-stop.

It's not often that you find things that exceed your expectations, but this kit does, for me. I am utterly inspired by it.

Thanks for looking!

20200629_192608.jpg20200629_192642.jpg20200629_192651.jpg20200629_193553.jpg

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago asking for advice about Gretsch kits. This is the kit I wound up buying.

This is the Renown RN2-E605 configuration in Silver Oyster Pearl. The 605 pack includes the matching snare but I'm using my trusty Acrolite until the Renown snare is dialed in the way I like it. The Acrolite blends in nicely anyway.

Sizes are 16x20 kick, 7x10 and 8x12 rack toms, 14x14 floor tom and a 5.5x14 snare.

There's not much I can say about this kit that hasn't been said already. It sounds absolutely fantastic and is as sturdy and well-made as one could ever hope for.

The chrome and shells are top-notch. The GTS mounting system is one of the best I've encountered and the Silver Oyster Pearl wrap helps to disguise the mounting hardware when viewed from just about any angle, especially the audience's point of view. Memory locks abound ensuring a quick and easy setup and tear-down every time. This is a kit built for working drummers.

It came equipped with quality Remo heads so I didn't even have to change those. The kit tuned up in a flash and was ready to play in minutes. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about 5 lugs on each rack tom but I love it. The 302 hoops are terrific, full-stop.

It's not often that you find things that exceed your expectations, but this kit does, for me. I am utterly inspired by it.

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 93753View attachment 93754View attachment 93755View attachment 93756
Lovely kit, man.

lefty2

Platinum Member

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 93753View attachment 93754View attachment 93755View attachment 93756
Looks great.

yammyfan

Thanks, fellas.

Sometimes a new piece of gear can rekindle your enthusiasm to play. I didn't need much encouragement but this kit has really got me fired up.

Last edited:

Neilage

I had the same reaction when I got my new piano black RN2-E8246 in February.
They sing like angels.