Gretsch Broadkaster Logo

acsunda

So I like the how the Broadkaster logo looks on the bass drum better than the standard Gretsch logo (which I've always kind of disliked). The Broadkaster logo just looks classier to me. Would it be considered a drumming faux pas to put a Broadkaster logo head on a Gretsch drums that aren't Broadkasters? Or am I overthinking this?

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
  • gretschhead.jpg
    gretschhead.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 3
Not nearly as reviled as putting a DW logo head on a set of PDP's

I'd rubber stamp it.

Hey I had a PDP kit in high school, and even then I new that wasn't cool lol!

Funny I was having this exact same conversation with myself (I'm not a psychopath really..) a couple of months ago. In the end I went for a Remo Fiberskyn Powerstroke 3 on my Gretsch Renown as I loved the small Remo logo.

Drum.jpg

I say go for it. I like the Broadkaster logo a lot too. Plus some of Art Blakey's kits had it (I don't think that was a Broadkaster in those days either, haha)
I considered putting one on my Catalina! I might still do it.

The funny part is, Gretsch mixes those up themselves. Take my avatar as an example, it sports the Broadkaster logo. The BD head on the other hand has the drop g logo. Your shells came with the drop g, so can’t see you starting a war they haven’t already!

It doesn't say Broadcaster, it says Gretsch. Got for it.

Last edited:
While there’s a lot to be said for period- and model-correct logos, the Broadcaster logo is so damn cool. Just Do It!

Attachments

• JUST+DO+IT.jpg
    JUST+DO+IT.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2
GretschSWR.JPGmay 004.JPG

I say go for it. I like the Broadkaster logo a lot too. Plus some of Art Blakey's kits had it (I don't think that was a Broadkaster in those days either, haha)
I considered putting one on my Catalina! I might still do it.
Better look out for the Gretsch Police. They might come and take you to Gretsch jail!

So I like the how the Broadkaster logo looks on the bass drum better than the standard Gretsch logo (which I've always kind of disliked). The Broadkaster logo just looks classier to me. Would it be considered a drumming faux pas to put a Broadkaster logo head on a Gretsch drums that aren't Broadkasters? Or am I overthinking this?
I'm a proud owner and player of a Gretsch USA Custom kit, but I'm morally against drum brand logos on front heads of bass drums. If Gretsch wants to endorse me, THATS a whole other story, or any other brand for that matter. I usually put solid white or black front heads on. I'm currently getting a satin black PDP kit and putting a Remo clear/smoke grey front head on. Should look shnazzy. Kinda like pic attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 8.40.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 8.40.38 PM.png
    761.9 KB · Views: 7
This logo for me, one of my favorites in all percussion.

Its crisp, east-coast modernity evokes nothing less than the wry sparkle of a mid-century martini and a stack of Stan Freberg records.

GreatLogoToo.jpg

I ordered a bunch of decals a while ago so I can put on whichever I like:

index.php

The funny part is, Gretsch mixes those up themselves. Take my avatar as an example, it sports the Broadkaster logo. The BD head on the other hand has the drop g logo. Your shells came with the drop g, so can’t see you starting a war they haven’t already!
Here's possibly an even more controversial question. How about changing drum badges? :unsure:
I have seriously rejected buying certain drums because I didn't like the badges. For example, I love Ludwigs, but I only really like the Monroe badges. I wanted the Centennial Bonham kit when it came out, but the badges were :sick:

How about changing drum badges? :unsure:
They are your drums, you can do with them whatever you want.
It might impact resale value though, if the mods are irreversable.

I've got about a sick a mind as anyone you'll run into. I have to have the logo I saw Charlie with on the donkey. When I listen to Bitch I see THAT logo which does something to me....a very GOOD something. The logo on the left always reminds me of something a kid did in school trying to be artistically cool but wasn't. To blocky and crude. But then again I'd put a gretsch logo head on my Premier Signias to be cool. I'm sick I tell ya.

Back