Gretsch Blackhawk or Yamaha Stage Custom Rock?

dodos

i know that the yamaha is better and more expensive,but after 4 years of having the same kit at my local store..from 1190 it costs 645 EUROS....and the blackhawk 439...I've got 500 euros and i am not sure if i should wait ot just or just ourchase the blackhawk..
i just dont know what should i buy..
if you have any ideas............you can post them!

Wait. It'll be the difference between a Ford Focus and a Mustang.

Can't you find anything in your range that is used? You can do much better with a used set than one of those for that price.

Blackhawk = Entry level kit. Basswood and Poplar shells.
Stage Custom = Intermediate level kit. 100% Birch shells.

Agree with Alparrott, personally I'd wait and save the extra coin. You'll be getting a better product in the long run.

FWIW Grunter is correct. You'll get more bang for your buck on the used market should you decide on a 2nd hand kit.

Blackhawk = Entry level kit. Basswood and Poplar shells.
Stage Custom = Intermediate level kit. 100% Birch shells.

Agree with Alparrott, personally I'd wait and save the extra coin. You'll be getting a better product in the long run.

FWIW Grunter is correct. You'll get more bang for your buck on the used market should you decide on a 2nd hand kit.

i wanna get lost in the rock and roll and drift away!!!
here in my town (chania)a small amount of people know the word -Drums-
so dont expect me to find a good used gretsch kit,or yamaha..a stupid friend of mine bought gigmaker for 1000 euro...what an idiot...!!!

here in my town (chania)a small amount of people know the word -Drums-
so dont expect me to find a good used gretsch kit,or yamaha..

In that case, save the extra 145 Euro's and get the Yammies mate. I'm guessing they will be a noticeable step up from the Blackhawks.

The Stage custom is a really great sounding kit.You will like,Promise.i have 2 Yamaha kits a stage custom,and a Birch custom absolute.The hardware on the stage kit is the same as on my absolute kit. The stage custom is the best bang for the buck kit out there IMHO..Great stuff man,get the Yammies...........

The Stage custom is a really great sounding kit.You will like,Promise.i have 2 Yamaha kits a stage custom,and a Birch custom absolute.The hardware on the stage kit is the same as on my absolute kit. The stage custom is the best bang for the buck kit out there IMHO..Great stuff man,get the Yammies...........

Absolutely agree!...get the yammies...much better kit...:)

Last edited:
Back