Greetings From MasterBlaster!

M

MasterBlaster

I'm an older fart who was weaned on 70's rock, always played guitar/bass but I've also been a closet drummer all my life. I've never had a set until recently, when I bought that 5 piece Ludwig junior set just because it was so cheap and I wanted to see what happened.

What happened is I'm selling it tomorrow because this just arrived via FedEx just 10 minutes ago and I'm sharting my skivvies unboxing it!!!

The only problem is the replacement Evans hyd heads won't be here until Sat so all I can do right now is get everything all assembled and ready.

I'm glad to finally be able to post/participate and stop lurking! I have a million questions, I'll probably wear out the search function.

ATM, I'm following Rob Brown's videos and learning a lot, but I will probably be asking ya'll one or two so bear with me. If it helps, I'm a retired tree surgeon so if you have any questions along those lines I can help you out!

Last edited by a moderator:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Welcome! Lot's of old... er, experienced players here!

Bermuda

M

MasterBlaster

Was I correct in replacing the stock Remos with Evan's Hydraulic? A pro drummer friend of mine recommended doing that, and that's the first thing you do with a new guitar - change the strings.

At the least, I like black and I hope it gives me more bottom-end like my buddy says.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Any head change should be done for sound according to ones own ear and sound preference. Remo makes great heads as does Evans. Since they arent cheap use what pleases you.

Rotarded

Welcome and Congrats!

Solid choice with the PDP Concept. I gigged one for 3 years and it was great. Enjoy it in good health!

M

MasterBlaster

Man, I can't wait to get more gear!!!

After the cymbals, RotoToms!!!