Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Drum cover by 14 yr old Josh Cru

NouveauCliche

My latest effort! I had fun making it, hope you like it.

Nice job - you've reigned in a lot of the excessive fills and stuff...that's really hard to do at your age (or any age really haha). (Don't be afraid to hit that snare on those back beat! It's ok to rock on a rock song!)

Cru Drums

Nice job - you've reigned in a lot of the excessive fills and stuff...that's really hard to do at your age (or any age really haha). (Don't be afraid to hit that snare on those back beat! It's ok to rock on a rock song!)
Thank you! I've really been trying to hold back a bit on the fills in these songs. I tried to do no more than what was originally in the song. I take any advice I can get from drummer world, and it has allowed me to improve in recent months.

Last edited:

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Great job again Cru. I can't tell but are you as a young man wearing ear protection.. I hope you are. After further review, I see you are. Good job.

Cru Drums

Great job again Cru. I can't tell but are you as a young man wearing ear protection.. I hope you are. After further review, I see you are. Good job.
Thank you so much! Yes I always wear ear protection when I play. I sometimes forget to put them in when I play for the Worship group, my parents keep a close eye and start pointing at their ears when I do and then I put them in. :)

Last edited:

Cru Drums

Cool. Can you do that without burying the beater?
If you mean with my bass drum, I have been trying different foot techniques recently. Thank you for the advice! I am still trying to learn everything I can about drumming. Foot technique is certainly high on my list and I would love any advice to improve this and any other aspect of my drumming.