Greatest opening drum intro

Digital Man by Rush for me! 100% rememberable and sounds fun as fuuuuuuuq.
Rock and Roll by Zeppelin is another one that’s killer
First Date by Blink 182 is another fun one to play….
theres a lot

Interestingly Tommy Aldrich didn’t play on this album but was credited with the drums and included in the album photo etc.
Sharon is apparently a piece of work.
It might depend on which version.

The CD I have makes no mention of Tommy Aldridge.

Lee Kerslake is in the writing credits. There is no mention of who played drums.

But having one guy in the band photo while another guy playing drums is pretty common. Hal Blaine was on many albums in the 60's with a different "band member" in the band photos.

But having one guy in the band photo while another guy playing drums is pretty common.
Yep, and sometimes rightfully so. Could you imagine if something like this was in place of Frank Beard's photo on the Eliminator album? :oops:
shutterstock_446089405.jpg

:)

It might depend on which version.

The CD I have makes no mention of Tommy Aldridge.

Lee Kerslake is in the writing credits. There is no mention of who played drums.
Drummers today know that Lee was the creator of the part. In the era I assumed Tommy was just the touring drummer and didn't presume he created it, but thought if fit his style enough that he likely could've. I wasn't 100% sure.

Sharon appears to be a piece of work anyway, imo. Look at Jake E Lee's contributions and lack of credit.

Back