Great pics from a festival gig this week

alparrott

Platinum Member
Now that things are eased up a little bit in our town, the Washington State Apple Blossom Festival is back, and both of my bands played the main stage last week. Some kind soul got some great shots of the band during our set. It's good to be back playing live music!

Attachments

• AB2021-1.png
    AB2021-1.png
    837.2 KB · Views: 98
  • AB2021-2.png
    AB2021-2.png
    891.3 KB · Views: 96
  • AB2021-3.png
    AB2021-3.png
    857.4 KB · Views: 97

alparrott

Platinum Member
You and ascunda should start a "show off your Ludwig Standards" thread! Nice kit.
Nah, my Standards are pretty well known around these here parts ... thank you tho!

yammyfan

Nice shots indeed! The weather was on your side, too.

Your Ludwigs are beautiful, by the way. I'm always struck by how 'at home' oyster wrapped kits look on stage. Credit goes to Ringo and Ludwig for much of that, I suspect. :)

alparrott

Platinum Member
Nice shots indeed! The weather was on your side, too.

Your Ludwigs are beautiful, by the way. I'm always struck by how 'at home' oyster wrapped kits look on stage. Credit goes to Ringo and Ludwig for much of that, I suspect. :)
Thanks! A lot of work went into restoring them from their state when I got them, which was pretty dire (see this thread). And the weather benefited from the festival being postponed from actual apple blossom season to last week - typically it's a lot colder and windier. But it's summer now, time to gig outdoors!

jittery

Now that things are eased up a little bit in our town, the Washington State Apple Blossom Festival is back, and both of my bands played the main stage last week. Some kind soul got some great shots of the band during our set. It's good to be back playing live music!
Hi there! Really nice pics! I’m so happy for you: it must have been really hard for all the artists to not have any concerts at all. 2020 has been a nightmare for everyone! Fortunately, restrictions are starting to ease up. Hopefully soon enough we will be able to get back to living our lives as we used to: with concerts, gatherings and travelling.

Last edited by a moderator:

alparrott

Platinum Member
Hi there! Really nice pics! I’m so happy for you: it must have been really hard for all the artists to not have any concerts at all. 2020 has been a nightmare for everyone! Fortunately, restrictions are starting to ease up. Hopefully soon enough we will be able to get back to living our lives as we used to: with concerts, gatherings and travelling. By the way, in case you’re planning on organizing an event, I would like to recommend you to check out ontourevents.co.uk. I reckon their services could come in handy to you: they offer things like lighting, audio visual equipment and much more. Go take a look at their web page. Furthermore, they focus on different kinds of events.
Hi there. I'm in small regionally based bands in Central Washington State in the US. Why on earth would I want to use a UK website for anything related to live music? Pick your marks better, mate.

Wow, nice pic, dude.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Hi there. I'm in small regionally based bands in Central Washington State in the US. Why on earth would I want to use a UK website for anything related to live music? Pick your marks better, mate.
Spam bot. Two postings, containing useless links each.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Another gig, another fantastic picture up at what I refer to as "Rich Tourist Lake Town". Basically a live blues/classic rock jam in the park with some friends, what a great time! (And I pulled the Stage Customs out of mothballs for this one!)

1630344298092.png

Last edited:

alparrott

Platinum Member
And one more from this past weekend. This vineyard gazebo is one of my favorite places to play in terms of view, and while it was somewhat cloudy when I took this picture, the sun did come out for an amazing time later. (The two bachelorette parties on the lawn didn't hurt!)

1632085766076.png

BGDurham

And one more from this past weekend. This vineyard gazebo is one of my favorite places to play in terms of view, and while it was somewhat cloudy when I took this picture, the sun did come out for an amazing time later. (The two bachelorette parties on the lawn didn't hurt!)

View attachment 108552
Alparrott, great pics! If you don't mind, what is your vocal mic set up (stand, gooseneck, and mic)? That is the next thing I need to upgrade and I'm collecting ideas. Thanks!

alparrott

Platinum Member
Alparrott, great pics! If you don't mind, what is your vocal mic set up (stand, gooseneck, and mic)? That is the next thing I need to upgrade and I'm collecting ideas. Thanks!
So I have a Shure PGA-58 with the on-off switch. Basically an SM58, but I like having that clickswitch for when I'm not singing. The mic boom is an old counterweighted boom arm that the bass player had from somewhere. I removed it from its circular weighted base and mounted it in a Gibraltar electronic module stand (6713A) that I originally bought for my Yamaha Multi-12 - huge double-braced tripod, will not tip, adds an angle adjustment. Then the finishing touch is an 18" gooseneck on the mic boom.

Boom.

BGDurham

So I have a Shure PGA-58 with the on-off switch. Basically an SM58, but I like having that clickswitch for when I'm not singing. The mic boom is an old counterweighted boom arm that the bass player had from somewhere. I removed it from its circular weighted base and mounted it in a Gibraltar electronic module stand (6713A) that I originally bought for my Yamaha Multi-12 - huge double-braced tripod, will not tip, adds an angle adjustment. Then the finishing touch is an 18" gooseneck on the mic boom.

Boom.
Thanks!

alparrott

Platinum Member
Editing videos from that gig on the 18th and here's a still from when the sun had come out... 1632595567626.png