Great cymbal deals

braincramp

Gold Member
I recently needed to purchase an effects cymbal, I have grown tired of the typical china sound, so I was searching for something cleaner. I have owned a Sabian 18"evolution ozone and a 19" Paragon china so I was looking in that direction but didn't want to spend that much again for an effects cymbal. My trust fund (my wife "trusts" I wont spend a lot of money on drum equipment) is extremely low right now. After hearing samples of the B8 Pro 18" Ozone I reluctantly pulled the trigger.. and after bashing this thing for a week or two I feel I got an amazing deal.. It is exactly what I was looking for sonically and for the price ($100) for floor model.. I believe in 30 years it will be up there with Paiste 404's and 505's as one of those "Great cymbal for a budget price" This got me wondering what else fits in this category..

customdrum

theres a b8 pro aero crash 18 that sounds great, hard to find but i see them on ebay few times a year for around 100. the b8 ozone also sounds great for a b8 cymbal. sabian apx also has a ozone 18" that sounds great but pretty hard to find

Attachments

lefty2

Platinum Member
Cool beans. I've liked the sound of those wholly cym. but I'm afraid they might be prone to crack, so I haven't considered buying one. They do sound good though. Congats. I have a 14" pro China that I really like.

alparrott

Platinum Member
If you have a little technical know-how you can fit a circular cutter to a drill and create your own Ozones out of used cymbals. I got this Ozone-modded Z Custom medium crash as a trade for an 18" A Rock Crash with a big crack, and an X-hat arm I wasn't using. A guy locally does them.

Attachments