Gramps Passed

Ryan Culberson

My gramps passed yesterday. 98 years old. WWII vet. Played drums in the Army. Very much an inspiration. Didn’t agree with him on a lot of things but his service to this nation will always be recognized and remembered.

Big hole in the universe now. I’ve done the only thing I can think of that he would approve of post passing. Played drums for about 10 hours yesterday and also today.

C.M. Jones

My grandad died back in 1992 in his late 60s. Born in 1924, he, too, was a WWII veteran, having served in the Navy on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific. We were great friends, and he was a staunch supporter of my drumming. His departure was disorienting. I continue to miss him daily.

Drum on for your gramps, man. He's looking down with admiration. You've got work to do before reuniting with him one day.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
He lived had a long life & obviously knew he was loved. Great sadness at his passing, but a life to celebrate too. Remember the smiles.

buddhadrummer

Sorry to hear of his passing Ryno. Interesting that although you disagreed you each had respect for each other. As it should be. Life is short. But not without its ripple effects. I'm sure you will keep the energy going.