Got screwed over and now I need a new kit.. Advice needed

2underpar

Silver Member
Ok Fish, I see the Platinum's are off of CL. Just wondering if you got them or not?

If so, it's time for a few photos and maybe a quick little video.

Hoping congratulations are in order.

Ok Fish, I see the Platinum's are off of CL. Just wondering if you got them or not?

If so, it's time for a few photos and maybe a quick little video.

Hoping congratulations are in order.
Hey sorry for the delayed response.. I didn't get the drums.. The seller and I agreed on $450 and later that day (day before pickup) he said someone offered him $500 and would be there early the next morning.. Due to my work schedule I couldn't make it.... He then messaged me the next day saying the other guy didn't come and that I could have the drums for $400, but I had to be there at 3pm because he was skipping town.. I got the message at 1:30 and didn't have time to get out there... Oh well.

Fast forward a day, and my transmission blew on my VW.. Without getting into the details I had to put pretty much all of my money into fixing it.. I had to sell my hi-hats and a crash cymbal to help cover costs.. It was either that or my golf clubs unfortunately.. I was able to get my ludwig breakbeats back from my brother who was borrowing them for his band to practice. So currently I am rocking a set of breakbeats with one crash and a ride.. LOL

I guess it was a "blessing" in disguise that I didn't buy the kit.. Hopefully I'll have some extra cash this summer so I can get a new kit but unfortunately I won't be getting a kit anytime soon..

Thanks for all of you guys who helped me in the search, especially 2underpar... Again sorry for the delayed response, it has been a long couple of weeks!

Fish

2underpar

Silver Member
I think the dude sold the PDP's to GC in Robinson. There is a new (used) kit on their web page but no photo. I might run up there tomorrow after I clean up all my leaves. They are asking $599 (I'll never pay that) and probably gave him $200. If they are nice I'll make GC an offer.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. If you need ZBT hats I have 2 pair and I'd let either go cheep. I currently have them on consignment at Mar's Drum shop in Ambridge. Both pairs are in good shape but sound slightly different.

Another good place to check for good used hats is Drum World. They have a bunch. That's where I found my favorite pair.

Good luck and I hope things turn around for you.

I think the dude sold the PDP's to GC in Robinson. There is a new (used) kit on their web page but no photo. I might run up there tomorrow after I clean up all my leaves. They are asking $599 (I'll never pay that) and probably gave him $200. If they are nice I'll make GC an offer.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. If you need ZBT hats I have 2 pair and I'd let either go cheep. I currently have them on consignment at Mar's Drum shop in Ambridge. Both pairs are in good shape but sound slightly different.

Another good place to check for good used hats is Drum World. They have a bunch. That's where I found my favorite pair.

Good luck and I hope things turn around for you.
Thanks for the thoughts, I'll pass on the hats for now. I think I am just gonna wait a month or two and I'll probably head down to drum world (they're my favorite drum store for good reason!). But yeah the timing for the car wasn't great but oh well, shit happens. Its just money right! I'll get that kit/hats eventually and you guys will be the first ones to hear!

Overall these breakbeats aren't bad though.. If I throw some decent heads on them they will get the job done.

Well guys I figured that I would revive this thread because I have finally saved up some money to pick up a new kit! Recently picked up some Sabian hhx groove hats and I'm loving them, now I just need a kit! I've been looking around craigslist all over the Pittsburgh area and I've visited a few stores.. I found one amazing kit on Craigslist, beautiful custom shine for 1100 but I was a day late! I have also been looking at a Ludwig centennial on cl that looks decent. Anyways if you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it!