Got my Safari!

I just installed the Remo PS4 head and a Falam patch, tumed the thing up and BAM!
TOTALLY different bass drum! Punch, body and more projection! AMAZING!

Just got mine this week. I am still playing around with different heads. I am trying to figure out if the toms need 1 or 2 ply, and coated or clear heads? Also wondering if changing the kick reso will help much? The provided head seems pretty good.... but a coated PS3, or PS4 might be nice.

I changed the heads and the snare, and cranked it up, and it sounds pretty good. I like the snare so far, but don't like the way the strainer wobbles. I wonder if there is a good strainer I could install without drilling extra holes.

I was also thinking if putting S-Hoops on the snare and toms. I used them for snare batter side rims before, and they have always helped focus the drum. The only problem is I believe the 14" hoops only come in an 8 or 10 hole model. Maybe I'll just try them on the snare.

Love my little Safari kit. I too have never even taken the snare out of the box but the toms and kick sound great. I still have all stock heads on the kit but am thinking white suede ambs and a coated ps3 when I rehead. For me the toms tuned up rather easily and have a really nice feel and tone. I play mine everyday and always get a kick out of how good this $330 kit sounds.

They look really good. I have been thinking about getting one for my son. He is 9 and i think this kit would fit him.

Sold mine.. laying low on drums for now. In the process of restoring a vintage Pearl W5 kit from 1976.

Back