Good Price on Double Bass Set?

harryconway

Platinum Member
As a "cobbled" together kit that looks like all the reso. hoops and heads are missing, I'd say pass. Unless you need a lot of spare parts, have a lot of spare parts,,,,and/or 5 bills "ain't no big deal".

tbmills

Gold Member
yeah id say thats worth around 200, unless you know what all cymbals are there...

it looks like a black rogers kit and a red premier...
just guessing.

Budiesel

As a "cobbled" together kit that looks like all the reso. hoops and heads are missing, I'd say pass. Unless you need a lot of spare parts, have a lot of spare parts,,,,and/or 5 bills "ain't no big deal".
x2 I wouldn't even buy that kit with your money lol.

tbmills

Gold Member
I hope this guy is joking, but I sort of think he isn't. But the garage dust does give it a nice patina.
i dont think he is... maybe exaggerating, but not joking. the biggest thing with vintage gear (ESPECIALLY DRUMS) is to know what exactly you are looking at. people lie and remember that this instrument gets beat with sticks! be careful. i think this is a very BAD BUY. go newer or at least look at vintage set that is well documented, you know what it is and exactly what condition its in (even if its bad).

my $0.02

BattleArmor

Silver Member
I would not waste 500$ on that thing.

Save that cash, get something good....that at least you know what it is.

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
i love how you came up with the term craiglist tom angles.
Thanks. But I swear, Criagslist must have some photo identification software and any drum sets that do not have toms with at least a 45 degree angle and six inches of distance between the rack toms are not allowed to be posted.

805Drummer

Gold Member
Thanks. But I swear, Criagslist must have some photo identification software and any drum sets that do not have toms with at least a 45 degree angle and six inches of distance between the rack toms are not allowed to be posted.
And all cymbal brands must be misspelled in at least one way.

Zilojan
Ziljin
Zildan
Zilojian
Zildan

You get the idea.

805Drummer

Gold Member
yes!
i love it!

my favorite is
ZILJIAN
Like, I don't even get it.

I don't know ANYTHING about guitars. Nothing. But if I was somehow forced to sell one on Craigslist, I would definitely make sure I spell the brand correctly. It blows my mind how totally mentally retarded some people can be.