good low pitched bell

stabmasterarson

Hey, I want to use a second ride on the left side of my kit so I can do 32nd notes on the rides. I have a crappy meinl hcs crash ride that sounds like poop on that side. I don't need a whole ride cymbal, just the bell of a ride cymbal.

I used to have a 7" stage ice bell but the sound was too high for me. What I want is the sound of a 20" ride bell, without the 20" ride.

Any suggestions?

grooveweapon

This is exactly what I've been looking for too and I haven't found it yet. All I can say is that hand hammering results in some drastic differences to the same line of products so try to check out as many as you can. Some may have a lower pitch than others. Let me know if you find anything and vice versa.

Cymbalrider

Pioneer Member
A bell without a cymbal sounds very different than a bell on a cymbal. From what I know, those Bell cymbals all remind me of the elevator bell sound. It's just an effect cymbal really

stabmasterarson

damn, that ain't cheap....sounds good though. I was looking at the meinl version of the same thing the low bell, it doesn't sound quite as good, but it is 150$ less.