Good deal? Remo Mastertouch snare!

805Drummer

Gold Member
I am in contact with a guy on Craigslist who has a seemingly good deal for a Remo Mastertouch 13x3 piccolo snare for $65! Is this worth it? I would really like a side snare, or maybe just two snares for experimenting with.

mind_drummer

Platinum Member
Got mine for about the same price and it is a good little piccolo. Bright, loud & sensitive like a real piccolo.

805Drummer

Gold Member
Got mine for about the same price and it is a good little piccolo. Bright, loud & sensitive like a real piccolo.
So, it's good for a side snare?

I don't want to waste my $65...is it going to last a while, be consistent, etc?

I might be able to haggle down to $50, as well.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Do you have photos? Or are you close enough to check it out? Check for pitting, dents, etc?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
The snare in the photo appears to be a 14 inch so I assume that is not it? It also looks brass.

805Drummer

Gold Member
I just got the email back!

I quote:

The snare is in good condition no pitting, dents, scraches, chips, etc, as well as the wrap.

Here are some pictures; the snare's snare will be included; I took it off because I changed the head.

Pictures:

He's even willing to meet me close!

But does the snare look good? Any more opinions on it?

805Drummer

Gold Member
Even though I should be saving up for a nice double bass pedal, I think I'm gonna buy this snare instead. It goes against all of my plans, but I think it'd be kind of cool to add to my currently non-existent snare collection.

Wish me luck! He also said he had some extra cymbal arms/springs that he could throw in for free, so...

I'll be sure to have sound clips and pictures when I get it =D

805Drummer

Gold Member
Did ya get it?

No...

You see, it was more of an impulse buy. I really didn't need it. However, since we got school off on Monday and Tuesday, I was ready to go buy it. But the guy selling it couldn't meet me, so I realized that I didn't need it. If he had sold it to me sooner, he would have gotten my money.